An-i-no

Where can I get mids reconed?

I was wondering if there was anyone around that can recone 6.5in mids? One was defective when I recieved the set and the store I bought it from wants me to uninstall the entire comp set and then pay to have them warrantied (not happening).

Anyway, I haven't done much research so if anyone knows anybody who can do it then great. They are the mids from the Cadence CWM-6KIT. The recent ones, they're all over eBay.

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering if there was anyone around that can recone 6.5in mids? One was defective when I recieved the set and the store I bought it from wants me to uninstall the entire comp set and then pay to have them warrantied (not happening).

Anyway, I haven't done much research so if anyone knows anybody who can do it then great. They are the mids from the Cadence CWM-6KIT. The recent ones, they're all over eBay.

Thanks in advance.

Not worth it man. I'd call cadence and see if you can buy just a mid from them.

Yeah that was gonna be my next step. I'm really just fishing for options.

EDIT: I still don't understand why the hell I have to pay to get em fixed. One didn't work when I got em...

Edited by An-i-no

Store you bought them from should take them in return and exchange them out if it truly wasn't damaged by you.

Reconing a mid requires a recone kit which I SERIOUSLY doubt they have for that driver. If you use something else you find then you'll need new crossovers and will be starting over.

Ok. Quick story. I played one mid and one tweet to sorta preview them before I pulled the doors apart. (Doesn't everybody?)

When I installed them (crossovers tucked away, tweets mounted, all that jazz) I noticed one tweet was...sticking out. Then I noticed I was getting no mid from that side. I uninstalled both mids, took them to the shop and he says I can get em swapped out for free.e But then he's like hold on, I can't send back used stuff. So I can only have them "repaired" and that costs.

Bs. Anyway I understand about the crossover issue. I'll call cadence tomorrow.

Edited by An-i-no

If it's under warranty, they damn well can send back used stuff. That's just a bunch of bullshit. They sold a defective product, they need to make it right; simple as that.

Check all of your xover contact solder points on the board.

Re solder them all

Check all of your xover contact solder points on the board.

Re solder them all

+1 hook it up directly to the amp, or the other xover to make sure it's not the xover.

If it's under warranty, they damn well can send back used stuff. That's just a bunch of bullshit. They sold a defective product, they need to make it right; simple as that.

That's what the f I said. How am I supposed to know it's broken if I don't USE it? And I even said I'd pay for just new ones cuz its a pain in ass to uninstall and then reinstall everything. He says no, it has to be sent back as a whole set. I said fuck it, back to ebay to do my shopping

Anyway, Julian, its not the xover. The mid does nothing whatsoever. I tried it with the xover, full range from the amp, and even my sub amp lol. It doesn't play at all.

EDIT: By new ones I meant mids.

Edited by An-i-no