srd150

HU usb port just stopped working.

I HAVE A JVC KW-AVX830. The usb port is a cord that comes from the back of the HU and it it hard wired to it. I have not had the thing a year yet. It was working fine everyday. Until yesterday. I plugged my phone.in and nothing. Tried my thumb drive too. Same thing. I'm pretty sure nothing has changed.as far as the set up goes. Pulled out the HU today and wiggled the wire around a bit and still, nothing. Kinda P.O. about.it. I just got hold of a bunch of supposedly high bass song for.my thumb drive. Any thoughts ?

Edited by srd150

find and reset the headunit.

If that doesn't work, go back into settings after you reset it and make sure the USB output is turned on still after the reset.

Otherwise.. try and get it warrantied.

Always could try a hard reset, unplug for 30 seconds then reconnect the power.

Did that, as well as hitting.the reset button on the front. Still get.nothing. I found an adapter to go from usb to rca. I might just try that. I have two more inputs I can use.

find and reset the headunit.

If that doesn't work, go back into settings after you reset it and make sure the USB output is turned on still after the reset.

Otherwise.. try and get it warrantied.

I've been playing with the settings. Guess I'll have to read my book some more .