Sign in to follow this  
colben22

6.5 drivers/ sax 100.4d

Im planning on getting the sundown SAX 100.4d and running them to some alpine SPR-60c in front and SPR-60 in rear. Will this work out? I dont know too much but will this amp work with these speakers?

Google stuff. Seriously.

I hate to seem like an ass but you need to read and read and read before you buy anything. There is no worse feeling than spending hard earned money on something you don't need or can't use.

To answer your question, yes that combo will work just fine with the high pass filters set up correctly, but you need to know WHY it will work and not just that it will work, got me?

Google stuff. Seriously.

I hate to seem like an ass but you need to read and read and read before you buy anything. There is no worse feeling than spending hard earned money on something you don't need or can't use.

To answer your question, yes that combo will work just fine with the high pass filters set up correctly, but you need to know WHY it will work and not just that it will work, got me?

I understand bro and I do google shit. Its hard when the more I search different forums the more wrong information people have posted the last 4 years on that amp. I figured it would running off 4 channels at 4 ohms, but I wasnt sure how the added crossovers from the SPR-60c would mix into the equation.

but I wasnt sure how the added crossovers from the SPR-60c would mix into the equation.

just better protection for the drivers ... just incase the amp automatically sets to bandpass (20 htz - 20k htz) ...

The passive crossovers are there to direct the proper frequencies to the proper speakers. They don't really play much of a roll in amplifier selection.

You will still want to use the highpass crossover on the Sundown amp to highpass the mids.

IMO those drivers dont even need an amp.. like i said IMO.