Sign in to follow this  
Jd377

Xcon or sa's sealed???

Do xcons or SA-10s do good sealed?? I have a ported box at the moment but thought about going sealed possibly on my next setup and spend time making a simple but very good looking box. I have a ported 18" box I could use for a 18 xcon but it was my first built box and isn't all that clean looking. I though about either sealing 1 18xcon or 3-4 SA 10s but I didn't know if they are going to do very well sealed up?? Will I lose a lot of output by going sealed vs porting them?? All experience with these drivers sealed is very appreciated!!!

I have had experience with both brands. While they will both do fine sealed. They shine ported. I would do less amount of subs ported than more subs sealed. What kind of power are you going to be running?

2k ish

I will most likely go with 1 18" xcon or 3 10" SA's

What are your space restrictions? You had one 18 before, what size do you want the new box to be?

The SA will work sealed but they come alive in a ported enclosure.

Never worked with the XCON, but have a DCON 10" and it did great sealed but the output in a properly aligned ported enclosure was darn impressive for 1 10".

I will most likely go with 1 18" xcon or 3 10" SA's

Why either of these?

Crap I forgot to measure my trunk in my hatchback but I know I can get at least 6ft^ may maybe 6.5-7ft^. I'll try to measure it later and post LxWxH

Well because I really only want to spend about 300ish on subs and I have always wanted an xcon.. But if I don't get that I have also wanted to try the SA line, and I figure I could fit 3 10s and sometime they can be found for around 75-110$$

With the space and power you have I would go with two SA-12s.

One reason for the xcon is, I already have a 18" ported sub box in my car tuned to 33hz and 7ft^

Couldn't go wrong with the Xcon.

Length from left to right of trunk 29" depth and height are both 19" so 29"x19"x19"

Couldn't go wrong with the Xcon.

:drink40: