Angelboy863

The foam surrounding on my dcon ripped

I think your only solution is a recone. Also learn how to set gain using a dmm. Your young use the internet to learn and people from this forum there are some smart guys and girls to find out where to look, :eek5wavey:

Thanks, a recone would be great but not worth it for me. I really need a d2 sub not d4 so this sub is something to mess around with

But, so far so good. The goop is starting to dry and it's holding..

Damn it I already gooped the underside on top of the duct tape lol.

Thanks, a recone would be great but not worth it for me. I really need a d2 sub not d4 so this sub is something to mess around with

My best adivce is read. :drink40:

why dual 2ohm?

I have a sundown 125.2 that I want to utilize.

The sub is looking great! Well, cosmetically, ughh lol. But the goop is holding up! The tear is no longer a tear, I'll take pics tomorrow, it's not a pretty sight, but I think it will still pound! Now ive studied, and maybe putting out 400rms to a 300rms sub wasn't a good idea, especially with gains 3/4 up. So now I'll have gains 1/4 up and be careful with volume knob.

I'm going to wait another 2 days because I want to make sure the goop is fully dried.

In fact, if the fcon comes out before end of October, I might get it. I like ssa subs. Yee haw.

400rms on 300rms isnt the problem, the problem is setting your amplifier correctly. You dont turn the gain up as high as it can go then crank your volume knob while listening to it. Your supposed to match your gain with your head-units pre-out voltage signal.

I didn't turn my gain up as high as it can go. And I realize what I did wrong. Thanks. I'll check out my manual for the preout voltage signals on the headunit.

I'm a Little confused stil about the hz ok the amp? It says I can go as low as 40hz and as high as 200hz.

Because it's a sub amp I should have it at 40hz right?

Sounds like that's your high pass filter. It tells the amp what frequencies to filter out, so set it at 40hz and it won't play anything above 40hz. You can't just set your amp to some level that you feel is low and call it a day. Let your ears tell you where to set it and remember there's no need to set it to the very edge as it won't gain you anything.

Sorry, I didn't clarify. It's the x-over. The owners manual for the headunit says the bass should be at 100hz and bass boost at +12db.

So I set it, won't be able to play till maybe

Tomorrow.

But, because the amp is gonna put out 400rms to a 300rms sub, shouldn't the gains be lower?

I can promise with 100% certainty, the Fcon will not be out before the end of October.

I can promise with 100% certainty, the Fcon will not be out before the end of October.

:(

:(

x2

the sub is holding up great! i have it in my nissan maxima. pushing 400rms at 2ohms, every gain is set according to sub and headunit, playing it safeeee :D

Sorry, I didn't clarify. It's the x-over. The owners manual for the headunit says the bass should be at 100hz and bass boost at +12db.

Tomorrow.

But, because the amp is gonna put out 400rms to a 300rms sub, shouldn't the gains be lower?

Don't have the BB at +12!! 400 clean RMS is fine, it's once you start sending a clipped signal the you'll have a problem.

Tomorrow.

Don't have the BB at +12!! 400 clean RMS is fine, it's once you start sending a clipped signal the you'll have a problem.

ok. thank you so much ! bb is 1/2 up. same with gain.. thats what the owners manual for the headunit said it should be set.

Bass Boost shouldn't be on at all.

This^^^

Depending on the pre-out voltage of the headunit, the gain being at halfway me be too high.

Does the amp have a subsonic filter adjustment?