Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

solo x 10 installed finally!

well i had the day off of work and class today and was boared as hell. so i decided to make a new face for the front of the box the IA was in which is around 3.5CF with a big ass 4" slot port.i also installed a little oldschool kicker zr240 amp (clamped 475watts) and ran it with a 2 ohm load. im VERY surprised. the sub itself doesnt really move all that much and it gets lowwwwwwww. the range of hz it was low and powerful id say was between 20 and 38hz. everything else was ok. anyways i thought id fill you guys in on whats been going on with the danger ranger. i didnt get the mustang back today either b/c i had to buy a new starter and the mechanic cant install it till tomorrow so in the mean time i hooked it up in the truck

you must be tuned pretty low or dont have a subsonic filter to play 20hz. :ughdunno:

you must be tuned pretty low or dont have a subsonic filter to play 20hz. :ughdunno:

well the amp is a olddddd zr240 (made in usa) amp and the only knob on it is the gain. no filters. the box is tuned low. which is good because i love my lowwwwwsssss alot more than my highs

Ik the cabin gain in my cousins ranger is really low, i put my bl in a box tuned to 30 hz in it and it got all the down to 20hz no prob, but in my truck it couldnt play below 26hz

Ik the cabin gain in my cousins ranger is really low, i put my bl in a box tuned to 30 hz in it and it got all the down to 20hz no prob, but in my truck it couldnt play below 26hz

ya, id like to get a app on my iphone so i can tell what hz im playing that sounds the best. but the first LOW on the song "put on" sounds AMAZINGGG a lot of people say its hard to get trucks to sound good with subs but i have yet to have a system that sounded bad. idk.

ya, id like to get a app on my iphone so i can tell what hz im playing that sounds the best. but the first LOW on the song "put on" sounds AMAZINGGG a lot of people say its hard to get trucks to sound good with subs but i have yet to have a system that sounded bad. idk.

my truck sounds awesome, and is a pretty loud vehicle i find (nissan titan)

Heck, for a single 10 it wasn't bad sounding.

It was a definite difference after going from my truck to yours but then again

I'm running a lot more power and cone area.

Heck, for a single 10 it wasn't bad sounding.

It was a definite difference after going from my truck to yours but then again

I'm running a lot more power and cone area.

ya your shit is LOUD haha. i only have 450 watts going to the solo x :/ but im really thinking about linking my second zr240 up and seeing how it does.

Lows on 450 watts are gonna sound difremt than lows on wayy more power im guessing. Maybe your "lowwwssss" rite now will only sound like "lows" on more powwa!??

I have 1/10 in a ported box tuned to 30 hz. Its real loud. Its louder than the 2/19 Walmart 10 subs the kids here have. I use a JL Audio 500/1 to power it. It shakes the Ranger I have a lot. You can't see in the mirrors with it slamming. I like it. I just bought a Skar vvx 10. It is louder than the e5.10 I had. I'll break it in & see how loud it really is.

I have 1/10 in a ported box tuned to 30 hz. Its real loud. Its louder than the 2/19 Walmart 10 subs the kids here have. I use a JL Audio 500/1 to power it. It shakes the Ranger I have a lot. You can't see in the mirrors with it slamming. I like it. I just bought a Skar vvx 10. It is louder than the e5.10 I had. I'll break it in & see how loud it really is.

ya. there was something wrong with the zr340 i was using when i showed my system to alanh and jay-cee. i hooked up the other one i had in place of the origional one i had and its about twice as loud as it was. for 1 10, its damn impressive