Jd377

4 SA-10 Box Design & yet another tuning question :o

So I couldn't sleep last night and decided to start designing the box I want to build for my 4 SA-10s that im getting in next week. Thought I'd post up the pics....

Also, After discussing yesterday with a few of you and trying to decide how to do port area and everything with some aero ports, I decided on the (4) 4" aero ports.. But then after I designed it and everything I realized that the tuning you guys said was about 39hz.... and Sundown recommends 30-35hz for these subs.. 39hz was like the only tuning we could get to work in order to get enough port area for my setup.. So I wanted to make sure before I buy everything and build this,.. Are the subs going to do/sound ok at 39hz since they are recommended to go 30-35hz. I really wanted lower but could really only get this to work with my setup and space available.

Here's some pics: *4 Sundown 10's...4-4" aero ports.... viewing window in front to see sexy woofas pounding inside.... LED install inside, hopefully Sundown logo on viewing glass.. :) ( Not actual glass )

4-SA101.png

4-SA103.png

4-SA102.png

4-SA104.png

4-SA105.png

4-SA106.png

4-SA107.png

Edited by Jd377

It looks like you have space to make the ports longer, thus reducing the tuning frequency.

17" is their full length. :( i wish I could do like 3 ports or something and make it lower :'( but its ok.. I mean is it going to be a waste to get them if I end up doing 39hz? I want to get a lot out of these and them to sound amazing!

17" is their full length. :( i wish I could do like 3 ports or something and make it lower :'( but its ok.. I mean is it going to be a waste to get them if I end up doing 39hz? I want to get a lot out of these and them to sound amazing!

You can't cut them in the center, add a pvc/abs coupler, add some pvc/abs pipe, and lengthen them?

If I ever do add bass to my car, I'll probably tune around 39hz. :)

How do I figure out what that will make it with like 2 more inch per port, the site doesn't let u type port length and then calc tuning, it only let's you type tuning and then it tells u how much u need lol. Or I guess I can type random numbers until it says 19" length 4 4" ports

An I just didn't know if 39 would be bad since they say to do between 30-35

Is the total length 17 or just the pipe? Don't forget half of each flares' radius adds to the effective port length.

Oh true good point! I'm glad someone knows what they are doing :)

4.66 volume after displacement. (4) 4" ports