SMpaintball78

will this box be big enough?

well jay-c76 designed my 2nd enclosure for the ASTRO and it IS AWESOMENESS! I am SO TUNED IN to see how this turns out! On a side note I feel if JAY-C76 designs an enclosure that potentially starts to shatter your window he should be held partially responsible... ILL be sending my SAFELITE repair SAFELITE replace bill with a <^> attached!

haha. i cant wait to see how the design turns out....

p.s. i am going to make a new thread here shorty. i want to know the best way to make this box. like wood glue,sould i use screws or staples. that kind of stuff.. i need as much help as i can get!

use Elmers wood glue the blue label.....Use Screws for sure not staples..... and I would say fiberglass resin all the corners and let cure over night! and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iv never fiberglassed in my life haha. or even seen it done

well jay-c76 designed my 2nd enclosure for the ASTRO and it IS AWESOMENESS! I am SO TUNED IN to see how this turns out! On a side note I feel if JAY-C76 designs an enclosure that potentially starts to shatter your window he should be held partially responsible... ILL be sending my SAFELITE repair SAFELITE replace bill with a <^> attached!

p.s. i am going to make a new thread here shorty. i want to know the best way to make this box. like wood glue,sould i use screws or staples. that kind of stuff.. i need as much help as i can get!

use Elmers wood glue the blue label.....Use Screws for sure not staples..... and I would say fiberglass resin all the corners and let cure over night! and TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh lord! I'll stop by on friday after work and show ya how! LOL

Oh lord! I'll stop by on friday after work and show ya how! LOL

lol this box may take me awhile guys. bare with me on this one.

fair warning last time Jay-c76 said he was going to show me something it almost ended our friendship. Lets just say :greddy2:

fair warning last time Jay-c76 said he was going to show me something it almost ended our friendship. Lets just say :greddy2:

Dave.....Detroit's not too far to drive to come pimp slap ya! :roflmao:

Titebond II Wood glue is what I like to use and clamps. I glue and brad nail all of my boxes and never have had one come apart. But I don't run a bazillion watts either.

Just a reference in my truck (extended cab) I used (2) 4" aeros side firing on each side of my enclosure for my IA Deathrow 18" and achieved a respectable 146.3-146.5 on the SPL Labs LCD Meter at 42hz. All powered off a Sundown SAX-1200D amplifier.

Buy the right adhesive, fasteners, and necessary tools for making the box. Short-changing this step will result in you only short changing yourself. In my opinion, clamps are a necessity. You sound like a serious audio enthusiast; this won't be the last box you build and the right tools make it so much easier. Take your time. Use the right utensils. And the box practically builds yourself.

Awfully elitist don't you think? Nobody EVER "does it right" on their first try.

He's not dumb. Just eager and uneducated like we all started.

Don't know how you saw that as being elitist... and if people take their time and listen to the advice people are giving, you can do it right on the first try. I did. And i'm not special, nor do i have outstanding skills with my hands.

Fiberglass resin weakens mdf wood, but it makes the surface smoother.

Buy the right adhesive, fasteners, and necessary tools for making the box. Short-changing this step will result in you only short changing yourself. In my opinion, clamps are a necessity. You sound like a serious audio enthusiast; this won't be the last box you build and the right tools make it so much easier. Take your time. Use the right utensils. And the box practically builds yourself.

Awfully elitist don't you think? Nobody EVER "does it right" on their first try.

Don't know how you saw that as being elitist... and if people take their time and listen to the advice people are giving, you can do it right on the first try. I did. And i'm not special, nor do i have outstanding skills with my hands.

Flake when you gunna come get some demo of these zcons BRO?

Titebond II Wood glue is what I like to use and clamps. I glue and brad nail all of my boxes and never have had one come apart. But I don't run a bazillion watts either.

Just a reference in my truck (extended cab) I used (2) 4" aeros side firing on each side of my enclosure for my IA Deathrow 18" and achieved a respectable 146.3-146.5 on the SPL Labs LCD Meter at 42hz. All powered off a Sundown SAX-1200D amplifier.

:fing34:

:fing34:

Agreed.

Fiberglass resin weakens mdf wood, but it makes the surface smoother.

That's up for debate,

I don't think anyone has ever stress tested to confirm but,

I've never had an issue with it.

It's been my experience that when it soaks in it makes the MDF more dense/ harder,

but not making it brittle.

MDF is a porous material and will leak air to an extent.

I actually coat the inside lightly on all of my builds.

i have built 2 boxes in the past for a pair of mtx 9500's. BUT they were plane and simple ported boxes. no bracing or 45's lol. and i had every single dimension for what i needed thanks to mtx. i would like to try and do a light coat inside my box and see how it turns out.