djtomczak

profile ap740 is amazing.

I have a Profike HA740 4 channel amp with Rockford fosgate components on the rear and two focal midrange on the front all at 4 ohms. Maxed the gains out to all four channels and I have no clipping or distortion. Checked it with a local shop and they said no clipping at all. Profile amps equal amazing. They are now out of business though:(

Messed the title up, I meant HA740.

Edited by djtomczak

I'm confused. So because you turned the gain all the way up it's an amazing amp?

csb1.jpg

Haha

yeah I used to own several Profile amps, the California edition. Nice cheap little amps that put out power but like said above just cause you can max your amp's gain doesnt mean its a great amp. It just means you have a very low signal coming from your source (headunit) so your allowed to run your gain's that high.

x2, being able to turn your gains all the way up without clipping has nothing to do with the quality of the amp.

No, but it makes for a fun vibrator.

I have a Profike HA740 4 channel amp with Rockford fosgate components on the rear and two focal midrange on the front all at 4 ohms. Maxed the gains out to all four channels and I have no clipping or distortion. Checked it with a local shop and they said no clipping at all. Profile amps equal amazing. They are now out of business though:(

Messed the title up, I meant HA740.

How did they check to see if there was clipping?