Angelboy863

My uncle's car got stolen

Yeah pretty sad. But he got the car back.

On the night of 09/25/11 around midnight in Providence, RI at my uncles house, his 2000 Nissan maxima was stolen.

Well technically it's my dads Nissan maxima because my dad pays for the insurance of the car.

But yeah my uncle called my dad and told him what happened. He said the doors were indeed locked.

The guys that stole it obviously wanted something out of it.

It's pretty weird, next day the police found the vehicle about two blocks down from my uncles house.

Nothing was wrong with it, although they stole my uncles wallet that was in the car.

The police said they were searching for something in the car.. They didn't go into detail what the criminals were looking for.

But yeah completely stock white Nissan maxima 5 speed manual. I'm just very happy that the car was found and nothing wrong with it.

Bit now my dad is deciding to not pay for the insurance anymore and hand the car over to my uncle.

See my dad pays for the cars insurance because my dad is a very nice guy, he cares about his family and does pretty much whatever to keep everyone happy, for the most part.

But long story short my uncles car was stolen but now is found and back.

Out of curiousity what were the robbers searching for?

My uncle does not have connections to any thugs or criminals as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe it's common knowledge , idk I'm just curious.

What kind of neighborhood does he live in? I've had the windows of a truck I was driving broken in Detroit just so someone could take the change in the cupholder.

I'd say it's a pretty bad neighborhood bit that was the first stolen vehicle report in the area.

And wow that's pretty bad if all they want is change in a cupholder. Bit Detroit is pretty bad too right?

Honestly where he lives isn't the best places to live. Providence is actually a bad city itself. A couple years ago my aunts Acura integra was stolen but that's her fault, it was during the winter and she had the car running in the parking lot to heat up(she lived in an apartment at the time) I believe she went back to her apartment and whenshe came back out the car was gone. She immediately bought the same model integra gs r. And I bought the integra from her lol.

They did get his wallet...

You can buy a lot shit before CC are canceled.

Maybe they couldn't drive a manual and only got two blocks before giving up.

Bit Detroit is pretty bad too right?

meh, there's places you just don't go.

Bromo makes a very good point, didn't think of that myself. Could have tried to take the car to a chop-shop but couldn't make it far on account of the car being a manual and then decided they had to take something in order to make it worth it so they tore the car apart trying to find something. Idk. Glad your Uncle got it back though :)

And again, what Bromo said. There are places you don't go. Especially by yourself (i'm not the largest guy in the world) or at night. If you're smart about it, you probably won't see much. Unfortunately there are some things you can't avoid, but that's humanity for you.

I was parked on the street and every car infront and behind me had their windows broken. Probably just a bum trying to get some money.

everyone in your family has maximas?

Lol yeah I'm just glad no one was hurt and car wasn't damaged. They took his wallet but he said nothing extremely personal was in it (social security card, bank account info) and there wasn't money in it lol.

But yeah , when I was little I lived in providence in a very bad area, that's why my dad moved us to Florida but of course picked Polk county lol. Honestly, Polk county is not as bad as providence in my opinion.

And bigjon no, only my uncle and I own maximas. It's just a coincidence both our vehicles got stolen lol.

You do know Maximas are often stolen for their turbos, as one can use them to make any car as a fast as a maxima.

I kid hehe haha hoho.

Maybe they couldn't drive a manual and only got two blocks before giving up.

Bit Detroit is pretty bad too right?

meh, there's places you just don't go.

I've had friends and family killed in Detroit, I love the city but it's no place to vacation.

Sorry to hear it BanginGMC :(

where they locals? or visitors?

You do know Maximas are often stolen for their turbos, as one can use them to make any car as a fast as a maxima.

I kid hehe haha hoho.

Haha I was reading that going huuuuh turbo Maxima?? Then I saw that you were kidding.

Same Ricksi, and I'm curious about if GMC's were local or not too, sorry to hear either way though.

Detroit is bad but no worse than some other cities out there.

Well either way i'll make my point,

Tourists can be much more vulnerable obviously since they don't know the area. Like... driving on certain sections of roads late at night is just flat-out a bad idea. Once you get on foot, it gets more risky obviously. Locals get it too, it's just sad to hear when the visitors get taken advantage of. They never know they are even in danger :(

Detroit is a beautiful and wild place though. The bad reputation adds to the experience. The amount of people that I've taken downtown who are surprised by the culture and how much they enjoyed their experience numbers in the 20's.

Again, sorry to hear about your family and friends Bangin

Tourists can be much more vulnerable obviously since they don't know the area. Like... driving on certain sections of roads late at night is just flat-out a bad idea. Once you get on foot, it gets more risky obviously. Locals get it too, it's just sad to hear when the visitors get taken advantage of. They never know they are even in danger :(

Detroit is a beautiful and wild place though. The bad reputation adds to the experience. The amount of people that I've taken downtown who are surprised by the culture and how much they enjoyed their experience numbers in the 20's.

I'm going to a big city (Chicago) in two weekends and I wanted to drive to the dirty just to see what it's like, not get out or anything, but just to see "the hood". Bad idea? I want to experience it, just to learn other peoples culture..

I'm going to a big city (Chicago) in two weekends and I wanted to drive to the dirty just to see what it's like, not get out or anything, but just to see "the hood". Bad idea? I want to experience it, just to learn other peoples culture..

Haha thats hilarious, people act like the hood is the worst place in the world to go (unless your wandering the streets after midnight there is not to much that can happen to you like a nice city/suburb). You can go almost any where in the world, it all depends on you carry yourself. I never knew the "dirty parts of the city" were a museum. You want learn people's culture riding through :roflmao:

Driving through isn't experiencing much.

Just to see how people there live lol or what it looks like, personally. Call it weird or whatever, but I do! :ughdunno:

Lol I've lived in the hood. Not different from other neighborhoods except the obvious..

But where I was , I was surrounded by the hood. We'd have to drive thirty minutes plus to start seeing average homes and subdivisions.

Lol I've lived in the hood. Not different from other neighborhoods except the obvious..

But where I was , I was surrounded by the hood. We'd have to drive thirty minutes plus to start seeing average homes and subdivisions.

That's the thing, what is "the obvious" I've never -really- seen it, just how it's portrayed in society. (black guys where they wear the top of their pants near their knees, bandana in the back pocket, large white T, and dew rags with a flatbill) lol.

That's the thing, what is "the obvious" I've never -really- seen it, just how it's portrayed in society. (black guys where they wear the top of their pants near their knees, bandana in the back pocket, large white T, and dew rags with a flatbill) lol.

Pretty much lol, clothes hanging outside, plastic tables and chairs outside everywhere, every car has a exhaust "upgrade" lmao.

I remember all my neighbors that surrounded me had like 90s Honda civics, accords, toyota celicas, Acura integras etc. All had customized exhausts.

Not to mention there was this kid who got a bike stolen, lol and everyday a different kid would have the same bike, they would steal the bike from each other lol.

Friggin memories lmao.

One thing that surprised me when i was old enough to start going downtown? (when i got my drivers license)

The Dog packs. Just never something i'd ever heard about or seen. During the day they are pretty dormant in most areas, but at night, they come out and its a wild site. Walking over the roads like they own the place.

Chicago's got some rough neighborhoods. My friend was there at a public park when a firefight ensued. I don't think driving through would be a bad idea at all. Especially since you already seem like you're going to be aware and careful :)

For example: I've had a group of two cars try to box my in at a stoplight late at night. By paying attention to whats going on around you, you can avoid nearly all incidents.

Haha thats hilarious, people act like the hood is the worst place in the world to go (unless your wandering the streets after midnight there is not to much that can happen to you like a nice city/suburb) You can go almost any where in the world, it all depends on you carry yourself.

I understand where you're coming from. People who have never been to Detroit bad-mouth it based upon what they hear in the news or just what the general public opinion is. It can drive me nuts. At the same time though, there are places in Detroit i'll never go to again once the sun goes down. It just flat out is an unnecessary risk. (I keep saying Detroit because it's the only city i have much experience in)

Damn... cars boxing you in is insane, what the hell would they do? Put you at gun point for a few bucks? :WTFBubble:

What are "the dog packs"? Just packs of dogs? lol or homeboys defending their block?

Edited by Freshh

Lol, Come to Kansas City and you see black guys with dew rags, flat bills and pants on their feet everywhere you go. It's normal to me now after living here 8 years. My friends put bandana's in their back pockets rofl.. and they aren't even black.