jonbearsmt

some questions before i order

1. on the liner pro. i see it some in 9 SF sections... but i have to ask, how tall and how long is 1 sheet?

2 i planed on useing a product between my door pannel and the door, i see two products are offered, 1 shows to be installed INSIDE the door (the over kill) and the pro liner does not have a video, explaning on how it should be used,.

3 i have a over head console that is pretty short but gives ALOT of noise. suggestions?

heres a vid of the console not a great one.. but its not much longer then you see in the video. near the end you can see the whole thing

th_2011-08-30_17-56-43_468.jpg

heres a vid of it in action.

30 seconds in. th_jonsboom.jpg

bump it!

Jon if I were you I would ask Don at SDS. At least you will get a faster response. I don't think SecondSkin frequent here much.

Jon if I were you I would ask Don at SDS. At least you will get a faster response. I don't think SecondSkin frequent here much.

x2, plus you will actually get what will work well for your application.

team second skin baby.

imagesborat.jpg

1. on the liner pro. i see it some in 9 SF sections... but i have to ask, how tall and how long is 1 sheet? 24" x 54"

2 i planed on useing a product between my door pannel and the door, i see two products are offered, 1 shows to be installed INSIDE the door (the over kill) and the pro liner does not have a video, explaning on how it should be used,. Use a decoupler like the Overkill or Overkill Pro

3 i have a over head console that is pretty short but gives ALOT of noise. suggestions? Add some mass like Damplifier or maybe Overkill

i just want to make sure..

when i say the door panel.. i mean... i want to lay a metrical over this 2011-06-07_17-53-08_152.jpg

then put my door panel back on.. i want something that is going to help seal it up in such

Stupid work has pics blocked so I cannot see exactly, but I think some CCF (Overkill) would be what you need to keep the door panel sealed up.

^^^ this....

Sorry Jon, I hit SSA everyday at least ones (along with all of the other forums every day), just yesterday had me swamped and I didn't make my rounds... I apologize.

Anyways...

1. Each sheet of LLP is 54" x 24", totaling 9 sq. ft..

2. OverKill installed between the door trim panel and the door itself will help isolate it and prevent rattles/squeaks, but not do a whole lot for noise. Because it's so thin it goes on super easy and doesn't cause door panel fitment issues.

LLP on the other hand will do both (kill rattles and help with the noise situation). But because of it's thickness, mass, and stiffness, installation is a bit more difficult.

Cut to size, cut out areas where the trim clips go and any other obstacles (lock mechanism, door lever rod, etc.), and stick it on. You can use spray adhesive, use Don's method (industrial strength Velcro, which I HIGHLY recommend), or even construction adhesive (not all that recommend but it works).

Some who are lucky enough to have really open and large door cavities are able to install the MLV closer to the outside of the door, blocking the noise before it enters the door chamber, such as this lucky SOB.

IMG_6185.jpg

3. Pack that sucker with concrete! :D Only joking! By the looks of it, the flex and resonance of the roof is transferring right into the console. Have you taken it off or apart? Adding some CLD to the roof may help, but you may just need to take it apart and apply some CCF (closed cell foam) in and around all of the plastic pieces that it's made of to isolate the rattles. Some people like applying some CLD to plastic panels, I'm not a fan of that at all.

ok great thanks so much for all the help from every one..

i guess ill just order a little bit of everything and try it and see what works best for me and ill be sure to share with everyone!!

thanks again