Sign in to follow this  
Caldwell

Death Penalty 12 or Death Row 15

Ok, I have designed a box for both subs which I will be making my purchase today and I'm wondering which is the better route to go. The biggest I can go in my trunk is a box that is 2.50 @ 34hz gross after displacements. it measures

17h x 31w x 17d with the port are being 43.5(17.68 per cuft). I'm running a DB Drive amp, which I found where someone clamped them at 2300 @ 1 ohm. Which sub should I go with? DP 12 or DR 15? The box size is .25 cuft smaller than minimum for the DR 15. and exactly at average for the DP 12. I'd hate to lose the cone area going with the 12, but it would take more power. It's looking like to me that the DR is the way to go, thoughts?

Don't suffocate a 15 in that box. Get a 12.

Dr is a ""SQL"" it gets nasty but sounds really good. The the dp is not as much sq its all out spl it still sounds good but more for throwing crazy power at it.

Less cone area in a proper box is better than more cone are in an inadequate box.

Less cone area in a proper box is better than more cone are in an inadequate box.

Thanks guys, that's just what I thought. I just didn't know if anyone had success running the DRs in a smaller box, and I thought with my power I'd have a shot. I was looking for a more """SQL""" based driver, but then again, I'm coming from 2 1508s so the DR should still sound better. I have one day left to make a decision before these beauties go back to regular price. With IA, it's the 12" DP or nothing.

Edited by TubesockTitties