Punkeyboozter

infrasonic

Hey guys,

Im looking to get a crown xti2002 or a xti4002

Im planning to tune to around 20HZ, now I do believe the amp has a build in LPF, but I do not think it has a infrasonic filter(idk I may be wrong).

Any way do I still need to set the filter if I tune that low and the amp freq response if I remember correctly is something like 20-20000

Thanks

If you are using your subwoofer in a sealed enclosure then a subsonic filter is not needed.

yeah but its ported bro,

it will be two BL 12's to be exact for HT use.

Not sure if there will be any signal from the amp as the freq response states 20Hz

I am not sure either if your amplifiers output will be reduced under 20hz. Use test tones and measure the ouput of the amp under 20hz to see if output is reduced. I would measure the amplifiers output using a dvm set to ac volts.

you bought the BLs for HT????? i hope not. FI Q?

20Hz is too high for HT.

And for sure an aftermarket SS filter is necessary unless you use a really conservative amplifier and box design.

Awsome, what freq would u recommend? It will see some music as well but my main music rig is the headphones. I could tune lower no problem.

Somewhere in the teens. Have to balance the box and response and model it to really know, but probably 12-16Hz or so.

Amp willl still do its stuff below 20hz? Or is it like the infra where it reduce signal sharply

They only spec 20Hz because its the end of audible range and in pro audio that is all that is important. My Crown sure plays well below that.

That is good to know, which model do you have and what do you think about the xti? It will only ever see sub duty. Do u think i should get the 4000 or the 2000? My current breaker wont take the 4000 at full tilt but maybe one day a ib is in the works...but by then i might want a new amp.

Mine is from the 70's...

As for what to get, that depends on a lot, but that being said you can always gain down but not up.

I could see bl's in a "Stereo" setup for music in house but not for movies or anything detailed sounding. Just my personal preference of the quality of sound from the bl's i own.

I could see bl's in a "Stereo" setup for music in house but not for movies or anything detailed sounding. Just my personal preference of the quality of sound from the bl's i own.

Agree with u but its a case of use what u have, and to be fair they dont sound bad for what they are designed for.

You need to model the subs, don't tune to a certain frequency with out knowing what is going on. You will need a subsonic filter. Some movies go down to single digits.

You need to model the subs, don't tune to a certain frequency with out knowing what is going on. You will need a subsonic filter. Some movies go down to single digits.

I modeled them in ISD looks fine to me. Only thing is i might need an external port or part/there-off.

I dont think my DEnon AVR will have a infrasonic nor will the crown amp Im planning to get, if they do I am yet to discover it. The other infra sonic filters I saw on the market were inline and will never handle this much power...any idea's dont really want to buy a standalone processor just for infrasonic duties. The Denon Audysy is awesome for my needs in other areas though.

Thanks

You can get a Reckhorn. Bang for the buck, its a pretty nice filter.