Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Sunfire 9" cube sub

SI is doing a system in a customers house and we ordered the 9" Sunfire Jr subwoofer for this application (cost and size). For those of you who don't know what a Sunfire Jr is, it is an 8" driver with an 8" PR and a 1400 watt amplifier all inside a 9" cube that is finished beautifully (a deep deep deep red - almost black - wood laquered finish)! We hooked it up next to the line arrays and this little sucker wangs HARD! :rockwoot:

On normal music it kept up with the line arrays just fine - ample bass all the way around, fairly tight...actually pretty darned tight for an out-of-the-box PR setup. The extension on this little bugger is impressive! It did just fine with an 85 Hz crossover all the way down to the mid/low 30's in our room.

However, with Trittico, it did not want to play nice. :P I took a video (crappy resolution I found out after the fact :faintthud: ) of the PR on the wang patrol. Here it is:

Ok, you're going to have to copy and paste:

http://www.stereointegrity.com/images/9_inch_cube.MOV

U suck at teh vid. :P

I wanna see this finish so bad too!

Ok, I snagged a few pics. Keep in mind that this sucker looks BLACK until you get up on it and look CLOSE. The flash shows the red very well but you seriously can't see it unless some SERIOUSLY bright light is on it.

Ok, I snagged a few pics. Keep in mind that this sucker looks BLACK until you get up on it and look CLOSE. The flash shows the red very well but you seriously can't see it unless some SERIOUSLY bright light is on it.

Seen em, I loved the Sunfire Tru Subwoofer Mark IV.

9" subwoofer I believe, in an 11" cube with a 2700watt rms amplifier.

Tits.

NG

I've heard them a few times and they rock. The craziest part of them is the weight. They make them heavy with internal bracing and stuff.

That's just beautiful! And so tiny too.

That's just beautiful!  And so tiny too.

:+1:

I've heard them a few times and they rock. The craziest part of them is the weight. They make them heavy with internal bracing and stuff.

I don't know about internal bracing, but 3/4" MDF, a heavy subwoofer, a beefy amp, and a PR, probably make up the majority of the weight.

Wang it does, but in a strange way sometime. When mine is in the basement living room it gets my whole house humping, but seems sort of "quiet" in the room its in.

That's just beautiful!  And so tiny too.

ahh, if i had a dollar for every time ive heard that...

that sub is killer. i got to see it before all of you did, and i got to see it in person :P: .

That enclosure is major tits. Sub looks phat too.