jonbearsmt

second skin insall

so my second skin came into day.

2011-10-20_12-22-57_757.jpg

67 pound of HUSHHING furry lol.

i got a bulk pack 36 SQFT of damplifier pro

4 sheets 36 SQFT of luxury liner pro maybe too much!

and a pack of speaker tweekers ...

started on it today.. lincoln doors are very hard to get in, only 1 small opening .

i can say so far.. the damp pro goes on nicer then other products, is sticking well, and it looks good..

ok back to work!!

before.. with the little film.2011-06-07_17-53-08_152.jpg

after with the luxury liner pro 2011-10-20_17-51-20_760.jpg

+

speaker tweekers

i have done 1 side so far..

at first it sounded muffled but then i remembered its my mids!! and also i need to re adjust my settings as it will now sound diffrent!

and it sounds great so far!

Good stuff! Second Skin did wonders on my Grand Marquis when I had it. I still need to order my recone and head up there sometime to check out your progress.

Good stuff! Second Skin did wonders on my Grand Marquis when I had it. I still need to order my recone and head up there sometime to check out your progress.

what did you use.. and where did you use it?

looking good so far... How did you adhere the liner on the door??? velcro or glues?

looking good so far... How did you adhere the liner on the door??? velcro or glues?

the LLP is heavy then a mug!

so i held it in place with two hang screws, that allowed me to lift up the liner to cut any where i needed to.. then i used spray glue, let it tack, then applied it.. then removed the screws and replaced the door skin

i kinda ordered way too much LLP, infact i only used 1.. and i bought 4!

so i may be doing the black car in the future too...

Why do your mids sound muffled?

Product looks good. Jealous you can get an 8 in your door so easy!

Why do your mids sound muffled?

Product looks good. Jealous you can get an 8 in your door so easy!

because the way i had my settings before.. see it was pretty much a hollow free air before.. so after i sealed it up and added the mass it changed the sound.. i just had to tweek the settings and im back in it! TONS of mid bass now..

it was not that bad putting in the 8's.. was not simple but it was not hard either.

one thing that bothers me is they fire stright out.. so near my steering wheel sounds AMAZING, but if you sit back in the seat it lacks in comparison .. and im a big tall mafaka so i sit damn dear in the back seats.. i need to figure out away to kick them at an angle. but sadly to do that ill need to destroy my door panels

Couldn't you angle the rings you made out of mdf??? Like sand them down at a flat angle??? speaker side of course..