MikeMartel

New Interior Design

Alright, so iv been looking at the inside of my car lately and it makes me a bit sad. My car is black on the outside, with a 2 tone grey interior and wood trim pieces. What i was thinking is to get a bit creative and change up the looks of my interior. I wont be upholstering or anything, i was just thinking about taking off some of the pieces and painting them black... Not sure yet... Give me your opinion if youve ever done something like this. Heres a few pictures so you can see what im working with.

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Looks fine to me, I'd leave it alone.

Yeah.. I guess i just wanted to do something a little different. We will see if any ideas come to my mind.

I been there before and tried painting it myself, I would leave it alone unless your gonna get it professionally done. Just my .02 Or go find an Impala at the junkyard with dark pieces and just getting panel by panel.

If you try it, I would use SEM dye (it comes in a rattlecan).

If you try it, I would use SEM dye (it comes in a rattlecan).

^

This. Works good too. Need to do mine.

I would maybe only change the wood. Possibly wrap it. I am just not a fan of wood in cars, but just my opinion.

Whats the outside look like?

Black. I was thinking maybe changing those wooden panels to a glossy black

Or you could try the vynyl wraps or some carbon fiber wrapping, I see some car interior pieces turn out nice from this.

Or you could try the vynyl wraps or some carbon fiber wrapping, I see some car interior pieces turn out nice from this.

^

Yeah, wrap it Bro.

I was thinking black carbon fiber on some of those interior pieces would look good too and tie it to the black outside. CF might look rice to some, but moderation would be the key. I think it would look good!

Alright, Thats what i was seeming to think, a black wrap would look nice and clean. Just not 100 percent sure which pieces to wrap yet.

Well it looks like Vinyl is going to hurt my wallet lots.... Will probably just use SEM dye...

How do you think it would look if i made the whole interior black, with the door handles, AC vents, wood trim and the (window switch assembly piece?) a polished silver look... Id also get seat covers that were black with silver in the middle... Idk if that would be TOO much black but in my head it looks boss. ^^

I think you'd have way too much money into a 2004 Impala...

I would flock the hell out of it.

Flock.... Hm... Idk what that is.

Plus, the main reason im thinking of doing all this to my car is it only has 83k (km not miles) on it. If i treat it well it can last me around 10 more years. Thats a long time, might as well make something of it.

Flock.... Hm... Idk what that is.

Plus, the main reason im thinking of doing all this to my car is it only has 83k (km not miles) on it. If i treat it well it can last me around 10 more years. Thats a long time, might as well make something of it.

Google "flocked dash" or "how to flock a dash". Any panel you can apply glue to can be flocked.