accordwithbass

Walled off Accord

Ok so what I achieved today was getting my 2 front windows tinted. I attempted to tint the back window and it was so frustrating I ripped it all off, wadded it up and through it against the wall, so that tint was a waste of money, so now I need a pro to do it. But I think for being 17 and my first time ever doing tint I did a pretty good job (only a few tiny bubbles). I went to home depot and go some brackets and self tapping screws to screw them to my car, the false floor will be screwed to the brackets and I can bend the brackets to whatever height I need. Tommorow I will be cutting out the false floor and the holes for the sub in the baffle.

photo-13.jpg

my headlights

photo-11.jpg

Brackets for sub box, this is the shape I was talking about

photo-12.jpg

tinting for the first time is hard no matter what age, i tried and failed but imma give it another shot tho. tuned in for this build, everything looks good

I wouldn't do the sticker..

1) There's always a chance for thieves. - even if there are cameras it doesn't mean you'll find out who stole your stereo.

2) If you live in a town where there are no thieves (probably small town then?) it's most likely that nobody has heard of Fi, and they'll be like... wtf?

3) I like pulling up to cars that are loaded with stickers and they think they're cool.. then I turn on my stereo and it's louder, it makes them look like a dumb ass.

4) Stickers are ugly in my opinion.

BUT - if you enjoy it, go for it. lol

Ya true I tell people I have FI and their like wtf is that. So I tell them it's American made is las Vegas and they are like bull crap then they hear it and are like WOOOOW. it's funny. I dont think I'll do the sticker. People are dumb and will thinks it's like F U. Ill be cutting the sub baffle and the false floor in about an hour.

Haha I just realized I sounded dumb saying people are dumb by saying thinks in that sentence lol. Well anyway I just got all the wood cut, false floor and the baffle. I'll post pics when I get home

Haha it's all good! Ready for pictures!!

Haha it's all good! Ready for pictures!!

I got caught up doing stuff. I'll post the pics tonight when I get home. But I'm going to install the false floor tomorrow first thing. Do you guys know where to get expanding foam? Any hardware store?

lowes. get rid of some of that wheel gap. looks like a 4x4.

Dude! It's lowered 2.5 inches! The 6th gem accords have HUGE gaps. Once all the soundsyatem is in it will lower the back 1 inch more so it will be a 3.5" drop. I'll then cut 1 coil out my ebiach springs Wich will do nothing to the handleing. And i dont care as much about handle. My car is slow with all the weight

Ok I got an update, I got the false floor in today with my friend. I used my brackets and a hell of alot of sticky foam stuff. I took lots of pictures for you guys here on ssa.

photo-14.jpg

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-20.jpg

Messing around with the foam

photo-21.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-23.jpg

photo-24.jpg

photo-25.jpg

photo-26.jpg

photo-27.jpg

photo-28.jpg

photo-29.jpg

photo-31.jpg

photo-30.jpg

Ok, so the biggest problem I face right now is port length, Im getting mixed answers from everything I do, my port is 40.5 Inches wide by 3 inches tall, how long should my port be for say 32-33hz? or should I tune it differently and what would would the port length and frequency be if so? I need an answer pretty quick because the box is going together this week.

I'd say that's pretty dang close to the correct tuning frequency, as a guesstimate anyways, I'm building a box that's ~7 cubic feet and has a port 38.5 long and 3 inches wide and it's like 32.5 hz roughly if I remember correctly.

That's what I got. I figured out what it is. 40.5 wide 3 inches tall and I have 21.5" long. So it should sound good. Right around 32-34

Sorry for the hold up everyone. I've been waiting to get ahold of a router. I should have one on Friday. And I've been waiting for more money to come in because I need my back window tinted before the box gets put in.

Update: I got all the pieces I needed to round the edges on done. All the pieces for the box are done. I still need to wire the amp (I will do that once the box is built) and I still need to build the box. BUUTTTTTTTTT I cant do that until I get my back window tinted and Its not in my budget at this time so im still waiting on that. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, once the window is tinted progress will pick back up.

:fing34:

Make sure you get a high quality tint and get it done right so you don't have to re-do it. That would suck.

I did tint my side windows myself and there are some bubbles, not to bad, you can only notice them if your right next to the car. Getting my back windows tinted is $60, I have the money for the sub, but im not taking money out of that (now that I realize it, why haven't I ordered the sub?), I have $30 cash right now. I detail cars for money and I have to to a interior today and an exterior for a truck next week, ill have around $120. So my build should get back up and running.

Update: I got all the pieces I needed to round the edges on done. All the pieces for the box are done. I still need to wire the amp (I will do that once the box is built) and I still need to build the box. BUUTTTTTTTTT I cant do that until I get my back window tinted and Its not in my budget at this time so im still waiting on that. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, once the window is tinted progress will pick back up.

Need more pics!!

I did tint my side windows myself and there are some bubbles, not to bad, you can only notice them if your right next to the car. Getting my back windows tinted is $60, I have the money for the sub, but im not taking money out of that (now that I realize it, why haven't I ordered the sub?), I have $30 cash right now. I detail cars for money and I have to to a interior today and an exterior for a truck next week, ill have around $120. So my build should get back up and running.

:)

Need more pics!!

:)

Ill get some pics as soon as I can I made a list of what else I need to do.

1. Tint

2. Order Sub

3. Build Box

4. Wire amp

5. Cut out wood pieces to completely seal the wall in the car

6. Get suede and wrap everything

7. put subs in

8. go for a test drive

9. Smile like its christmas because it sounds awsome

10. Call all my friends and show it to them

11. go to sleep

12. wake up and think of the next system