How many ampere's should 1/0 be fused to?

im thinking 200a just to be safe because if my stock charging system exceeds that something is wrong.

Should be properly fused according to the load. Keep in mind most fuses will only blow when they reach 200% of their rated ampacity for a certain amount of time. Of course there are different types of fuses avaialable, and some will be quick blow, slow blow, etc.

Should be properly fused according to the load.  Keep in mind most fuses will only blow when they reach 200% of their rated ampacity for a certain amount of time.  Of course there are different types of fuses avaialable, and some will be quick blow, slow blow, etc.

is it wrong for me to think dirty? lol

anyways, thx for the info I needed to know this

But acordingto every 1/0 DIY on the net it says fuse to the wires maximum capasity.... 1/0 is capable of well over 200a at 12v for a 3ft run but i will doubt i will ever peak more than half of 200....soooooo im thinkign 200 is ok. lol

i have a 175a on my 1/0 and it's just fine

and youre correct that you fuse to the wire's capacity

The stinger 1/0 ga kit one my bro bought came with a 250A ANL.

Edited by Eldorado

what are fuses?

:lol:

what are fuses?

They are thoes little things us daily drivers use that add a lil restiance for that thing called

S

A

F

T

E

Y

:)

lol on my daily setup I don't have a fuse on my power wire till you get back to the distro block, and then thats only an 80.

I run stricktly 200A breakers, I have a standard automotive battery under the hood, and 20 ft or 1/0 running to a optima D31M in the trunk, front and rear 200A breakers, never had a problem.