lamchop_8

Need HELP Chosing Subs

Wasup guys at SSA! Its been a while and I need help on a upcoming setup I plan on getting in a week or two. What system would be loudest between 6 10" RE Audio REX 10's, 2 12" Alpine Type R's, Or a 18" Mach 5 Audio IXL 18.2.2. I might be right but six tens (period) should be louder because of more cone area but I dont really know. I also havent heard RE Audio products personally and on top of that the REX ones are entry subs. Their 175wrms each but can take more power and I just wanna be loud and still hit lows good. Space and power isnt a option. Whatever I get will be hooked up to a Hifonics HFi1500d so that will be fine and possibly tuned to 32-34hz. Please help me on this one.

"Hope This Helps "

Edited by Randy.D

Six 10's is the most cone area but it is not 60". Pi times radius squared for the area of a circle. And this is a very terrible question.

Six 10's is the most cone area but it is not 60". Pi times radius squared for the area of a circle. And this is a very terrible question.

Well my bad just needed some help. What you think would be best.

whats the vehicle this is going in? what your max dimensions for the box?

better yet, read the posting guild lines and start the thread over...

whats the vehicle this is going in? what your max dimensions for the box?

better yet, read the posting guild lines and start the thread over...

1999 Chrysler LHS (Big Trunk) 6-7cuft max.

What are your previous setups to determine what YOU think is loud?

I say buy one good sub and call it the day

I agree, one or two good subs over 623 cheap ones. But to each his own.

Why only those subs ? You have special deals on them !

Budget ?

Why only those subs ? You have special deals on them !

Budget ?

Yea. U can get 3 new RE 10's for 100.00$. And the Type R's 150.00 for both, and the Mach 5 Audio IXL 18 2.2. is 150.00. I dont wanna spend more than 300 for now. But I seen some 15" SSA subs on this site for 130 or sumthing, their the DCONs and their only 300wrms. But they seem good. Anyone know how good and loud 2 of them are?

Edited by Randy.D

What are your previous setups to determine what YOU think is loud?

This will be my third setup. I had 2 12" kenwoods, and 2 12" JL Audio W3's. I still have them. Just want something better. I wanna be in the 140's for now and still hit lows pretty good.

I.M.O the 2 Dcon 15's .. More cone area than the 12's and 18" and less of a hassle than 6 10's.

We can not determine how loud it will be because alot of things vary.. With a good enclosure and enough power it will sound good. 34hz is good to drop low and still get decently loud.

I.M.O the 2 Dcon 15's .. More cone area than the 12's and 18" and less of a hassle than 6 10's.

We can not determine how loud it will be because alot of things vary.. With a good enclosure and enough power it will sound good. 34hz is good to drop low and still get decently loud.

K. I dont see ported enclosure spces on this site but I was thinkin 6-7cuft. tuned to 32-34hz. that should be loud.