rich00

doors on a civic?

So I have very limited knowledge on deadening. I am leasing my 2011 civic the road noise is pretty significant. I want a little more midbass from my doors and don't want to do a lot considering its a lease. Should I just do the door skins and not cover all the big holes incase I need to replace say a power window motor under warranty or something. I'm not wanting to deaden the entire car just front doors and maybe the trunk.

I was also looking at dynamat extreme on ebay for what seems a good price. 18x32 roll for $25 you tell me if that's a deal or not.

thanks

You can always remove MLV and CCF relatively easily, I would cover up the large openings.

CLDs are great for controlling sheet metal resonance, but may be hard to remove when the time comes.

Check out Don's products at http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

He has everything you need, how to apply it, and will help with how much product you need.

Why dynamat something your leasing?

Because I want my sound system to sound good for the next 3 years. It won't matter to Honda if the doors are dynamatted the only issue would be if I need to something fixed in the doors in the next 3 years.

Talk to Don at SDS. I use his products. Everything is 100% removable except the cld tiles. You or Honda would have no problems if they had to work on something inside the door panels on the car. Doing this to your car makes a HUGE difference. It's not costly either. All four doors cost me around $250.

I'll hit him up I guess I'm not in a position to $250 atm. So maybe front doors only at this point.

Don was great for me too! CS is awesome!! Oh and the product is great too!

Appreciate all of the kind words.

If I were looking for the single area to treat to make the biggest difference - particularly if improving door mounted speaker performance is a priority, fully treating the front doors would be that thing :)

Vibration damper on the sheet metal and then CCF and MLV between the inner skin and trim panels. You really don't need to build separate access hole covers because the MLV acoustically reinforces the plane to which the speakers are mounted. Lots of traffic noise comes through the front doors so your also addressing the problem. Biggest bang for the buck treatment there is.