grambo623

btl

Hi i have a btl 15 im wondering on what amp to use my friend says a soundstream tarantula amp i was thinking a hifonics HFi amp. Im looking for most power and clear sounding bass from the amp

hifonics HFi series suck. they dont do rated power...

go with the hifonics brutus series... i had a hifonics brz2400.1 on my 18" BTL and that shit hit harddddd

Edited by 10K

What budget are you working with?

What electrical upgrades have you done/can you afford to do in your vehicle?

So essentially what you're going to get is a bunch of people recommending whatever amplifier they think is the greatest. We're all biased.

I had a 2nd generation (same as yours) 18" BTL. Ran it off of a Sundown Audio SAZ-3000d which I still use now. I would recommend Sundown Audio amplifiers because I've never heard anyone who has had one complain about it. Lots of people here are SA biased, but lots of that bias is for good reason.

If it was me, I would do exactly what I did and purchase a refurbished Sundown Audio amplifier from db-r electronics. They are the official Sundown Audio refurb company and the owner, Chris, has really good customer service. He even offers warranties with his refurbs. The amp i would buy. I would have bought that amp if it was for sale back when i bought my 3000d.

If that's too much money for you, which is completely understandable, then pick pretty much any amplifier you want given distortion is preferably at or below 1% THD, efficiency about 83%, and measures output in RMS at a voltage you are actually going to see (12 v or 14v. NO 16v or 17v)

There are endless amplifiers out there that would fit in the bill. Almost all of them do exactly what the specifications say they will do and malfunction at user error.

does it matter that the sundown audio is 2500 rms at 1 ohm and the btl is 2000 rms or does it all work out after tuning

does it matter that the sundown audio is 2500 rms at 1 ohm and the btl is 2000 rms or does it all work out after tuning

That is fine, just use the gain knob.

use the gain knob.

This.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this. a 2500 watt amplifier can make wattage up to 2500 watts. You could run a 600 watt subwoofer off of it if you wanted to. I ran the same BTL you have off of a 3000d for over a year with out a single problem.

But there isn't a chance in hell that your Jeep's stock electrical system will be able to handle 2500 watts daily. You're going to need a high output alternator and a battery in the rear.

what kinda high output alternator and battery would u suggest

any of many good brands out there.

You should be good with at least a 150 amp alt 200+ preferred. See what is the biggest deep-cycle battery you can fit under your hood and buy two of them. (one for the front and one for the rear.

Make sure you buy proper cable as well. 0/1 I usually use Knuconceptz but big fat welding cable also work if you are on a budget but its harder to work with.

If you buy from Knu buy some battery clamps and fuse/holders while you are at it.

The 'fattest' cables you can find aren't necessarily the best, or the ones that will work best in your application...

it will be fine ive ran 3500 to my BTLs with no issues moving on up to DC 5ks :morepower1:

Welding cable is the best cable out there for car audio. It is also usually the cheapest...

The only way Knu makes any sense is if you are getting the pure copper stuff at a price much less than welding cable, because it isn't near the quality.

Welding cable is the best cable out there for car audio. It is also usually the cheapest...

The only way Knu makes any sense is if you are getting the pure copper stuff at a price much less than welding cable, because it isn't near the quality.

But you had a great argument... lol.