DaBigT

2 15RL-p's vs. 1 12RE SX

Whats really hood?

i got 1 12 in the trunk right now and wanted to know if this switch would

a. Sound better

b. get louder

Right now I have this setup:

Head Unit

Maybe i'm overlookign this, but what kind of box is the SX in?

well with the cone advantage the RL-ps will be louder if done right, and the RL-p should carry high levels of SQ than the SX,

the SX is a great street beater and puts out good SPL for the money

Thanks for all the info, I've kind of been sold on the RL-ps, but no one has answer my main concern. Will I be able to run 2 12RL-ps off of 1 hifonics BX1000D amp? What about 2 15RL-ps off the same amp?

Thanks

Thanks for all the info, I've kind of been sold on the RL-ps, but no one has answer my main concern. Will I be able to run 2 12RL-ps off of 1 hifonics BX1000D amp? What about 2 15RL-ps off the same amp?

Thanks

Well, sooner or later, when I get enough money I will be running 2 12"RL-ps off my bx1605D myself. But going to buy a used one from mike later this week, and run 1 in a ported box. ( I CAN't WAIT!!!!)

It will be getting 600w each. If running on a stock 12v alt, that hifonics may put out about 800~@1ohm. I have never tested or bench tested any hifonics amps, but reading through many many threads about these amps, it seems that they will do the suggested output only at 14.4v. So mine will probably do about 1100@1ohms and not 1600.

As to your question, Mike states that it isn't necessary to send them more then 700w a piece, because full excursion is reached at around 700w. I think sending 400 to the 2 12"s will run them sufficiently, but Don't know about them 15"s =)

GL

What kind of box will the rl-p's be in?

If they go in a ported box built to spec, then I'd think they would be louder than a single 12" SX (whether you get 12" or 15" rl-p's, doesn't matter).

If you have the space for a good box (rl-p's don't need that much, but they still need some room) then I would definately buy them.

They will probably get pretty loud running off of that bx1000d, but definately have more potential with a bigger amp.

I was running 2 12" rl-p's sealed at 400W RMS each and I hit high 133's on the TL mic (not bad for a sealed box in the trunk of a REALLY quiet car, and its a new real TL, not some lame old mic)

Yep, you could go with a pair of the RL-p12 or RL-p15 off of 400-500 watts a piece no problem. You won't get every last drop out of the drivers, but they will perform very capably regardless. Some people prefer to run drivers at a lower power in order to reduce any additional distortion that may be created as they surpass their linear excursion limits. So with ~500 watts per driver and a box built to spec you'll be in for some solid 'n clean bass no doubt. Throw ported boxes into the mix and you'll undoubtedly be louder than your current setup even off of relatively lower power.

i have no experience with the rl-ps , but i can tell u in a direct swap the SI mags were a db louder than a SX .... and sounded hell of a lot better

SX's sq is lacking severely

SX's sq is lacking severely

don't tell daivd :P