Sign in to follow this  
vanquish

** SONY H/U's (Good or Bad? ) **

I'll be running a Fully Active front stage and am intrigued by what options Sony's 2011 headunits have to offer. Does anyone have any experience with it any of them that can comment on Sound Quality and Build Quality.

The one i'm interested in is:

DSX-S310BTX

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSX310B/Sony-DSX-S310BTX.html?tp=5684#details-tab

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666372151#specifications

7 Band EQ

Time alignment/LowPass/HighPass

4 Volt Preouts (front, rear, subwoofer)

Bluetooth Pandora Radio Capabilities

Front USB

17x4 rms (wish it was more but that's what i get from my alpine 9887 anyway)

Also considering one of these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wPBHt0apjKa/p_130MVP83BT/Pioneer-MVH-P8300BT.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDA925B/JVC-Arsenal-KD-A925BT.html?tp=5684#overview-tab

One of these will be replacing my Alpine CDA-9887, which is the best option.

I have ran 2 Sony HU's for last 10 years and have had great luck with them. Granted I didn't spend a fortune at the time on each unit. But I bought the HU with the features I wanted. The SQ is on par with anything else in it's price range. I feel Sony is trying to get back to a quality HU.

What do you dislike about your Alpine?

What else will you be buying with this to run fully active? Your current HU has a better chance of running active than this Sony HU does. The other two are also not active units. So I will say neither are best for replacing your Alpine unit based on the goals that you are looking to get for this switch.

What else will you be buying with this to run fully active? Your current HU has a better chance of running active than this Sony HU does. The other two are also not active units. So I will say neither are best for replacing your Alpine unit based on the goals that you are looking to get for this switch.

Thanks for the correction.

Most people compared 9887 to pioneer 880prs so are there any new model Pioneers that are active capable...

p.s. there's nothing wrong with the alpine it's just that alpine is the only thing i've run and want to switch it up and try something new.

Most people compared 9887 to pioneer 880prs so are there any new model Pioneers that are active capable...

p.s. there's nothing wrong with the alpine it's just that alpine is the only thing i've run and want to switch it up and try something new.

The P99 is Pio's new active HU. They're very expensive. Unless you specifically need it's capabilities over a P880's I'd choose a P880. If you want to switch out the 9887 you could possibly trade for a P880. The P880 offers L/R EQ whereas the 9887 does not.

umm... totally illogically dude. the 9887 is way ahead i terms of quality and function compared to most "new" single din's on the market. im not exactly sure what the differences are between the 880prs and the 9887 but i doubt switching would be of any benefit.

with the 9887 you can do a 2 way plus sub or get the add-on, h701 IIRC, for a 3 way plus sub..

Could also look into Eclipse 7200 MKII. Great hu with great sq and a ton of useful features for running active.

iv had my sony HU for around 2 years now and i love it. not a single problem with it.