Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Box for an Xcon...

Current setup for my 15" Xcon: Sealed enclosure with dimensions - H: 17" W: 32" D: 15"

IMG_20110607_131249.jpg

Total space I have is:

DSCN0242_measurements.jpg

So I want to do sub up, port side firing w/ aero ... Does this looks good in Torres' calculator???:

box_with_aeros_xcon.jpg

lol... pwease help

Since you are set on building a new enclosure anyways ... You could cut in (2) 4 inch pvc pipes (one on each side of the Sub driver) and tune to the desired frequiency and just see what a difference it would make ... if not anything but for shits and giggles ...

just a suggestion ...

I had mine in a box with quite the size of your sealed one, with sub up and 2 4" aeroports firing through one side of the car (3.1ft3). I loved it. but my car is a hatchback. It was waay better than the slot ported box with sub and port up.

I kept the original size of the aeroports : 17" long

I've never used the Torre's calculator so no comment there, but is that an amplifier I see mounted upside down? :WTFBubble:

I've never used that calculator either, but it looks good from what I could tell :ughdunno:

Does it say you're going to have 1 port that'll have a 4" radius and it'll be 32 inches long?

Since you are set on building a new enclosure anyways ... You could cut in (2) 4 inch pvc pipes (one on each side of the Sub driver) and tune to the desired frequiency and just see what a difference it would make ... if not anything but for shits and giggles ...

just a suggestion ...

hmmm... just into the box I currently have? I think it would be "TOO" small right??? plus 2-4" ports is not equivalent to 1-8" port... RIGHT???

I had mine in a box with quite the size of your sealed one, with sub up and 2 4" aeroports firing through one side of the car (3.1ft3). I loved it. but my car is a hatchback. It was waay better than the slot ported box with sub and port up.

I kept the original size of the aeroports : 17" long

yea maybe .... not sure I wanna go that small... unless I'm told it is okay... recommended is: 3.0 - 4.0 cubes... shyt I just realized that... but with port it will take away from that... hmmm

I've never used the Torre's calculator so no comment there, but is that an amplifier I see mounted upside down? :WTFBubble:

lol... that was an old setup... you commented on it then too... it's gone and no longer being used....

I've never used that calculator either, but it looks good from what I could tell :ughdunno:

Does it say you're going to have 1 port that'll have a 4" radius and it'll be 32 inches long?

No, it's 1 port with a 8" radius.... at 32" in length...

If I do 2 - 4" ports at 18" in length, I would end up with a tuning of 32hz with a final box size of 2.99 cubes.. Is that too small???

Those numbers aren't looking good cause of the port

from all I've heard you should have at least the diameter of the port between the end of the port and the nearest adjacent wall so unless you plan on adding a 90* bend in there, that won't work cause your box is only 34" wide. So your port can only extend 26" into the box, meaning the other 6" would have to be external, or you'd have to add a bend in there with the extra length added to it.

Those numbers aren't looking good cause of the port

from all I've heard you should have at least the diameter of the port between the end of the port and the nearest adjacent wall so unless you plan on adding a 90* bend in there, that won't work cause your box is only 34" wide. So your port can only extend 26" into the box, meaning the other 6" would have to be external, or you'd have to add a bend in there with the extra length added to it.

ahhh... see I never heard that before... So depending on diameter of the port, good idea to have the same in distance away from the wall ... So if I do a 6" port @ 17-18" long ... I'm looking between 33-34hz ... with 3 cubes net...