Sign in to follow this  
MrBrooks

X 10"s sealed-----how low will they go??

Does anyone know what the F3 for a pair of X 10's sealed in 1cft will be? Will be at 800~900 wrms for the pair.

I listen to metal-hard rock, with the occasional techno/hiphop just for show off.

Trying to save some space and these woofers call for some tiny sealed numbers so I think this is the way to go.

20-80Hz is what you can expect...but there is no replacement for displacement, they are not a really high excursion woofer :)

For what you are wanting to do, it should be fine. If it isn't enough output you can always port them with a 4" aeroport.

let's say, I have a 3 cube box(net) for 3-10" X's with 2-4" ports .... Would that be too much to displace for these subs?

Should be fine...around .6 per sub ported is about as small as you should go :)

Thanks for the quick response!!!

Would have NEVER expected to hear you give a response figure down to 20 in a sealed box!!!!!

If they will give decent output from the mid-30Hz and up range I will be BEYOND pleased.......

Given that they will be in a sealed alaignment is the BP option going to be needed??? Or will the lack of "fresh" air defeat the purpose anyway?

Also,will the drivers be happier in a twin chamber or single chamber box??

You don't have to do a BP option. Common chamber is fine.

Drivers ordered, waiting patiently. What does the backlog look like? Ordered 11/30 processed 12/01. Invoice number I-17160/00. I know you all are BUSY and they are WELL worth the wait, just curious on lead time.

Edited by MrBrooks

My driver shipped out last night. Hopefully your drivers will ship soon if they haven't already MrBrooks!

Edited by ch33zy

Yep........left Las Vegas at 4pm yesterday!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this