Sign in to follow this  
holykaos

SA-8 box build help

So guys i am new to sundown audio. A friend told me about the SA-8 so i thought i would give them a try. I just ordered 2 dual 4 ohm for a 1 ohm load on my hifonics brutus 1200.1.

But any ways long story short i had a cool box design i wanted to try but not to sure on how to calc. the box volume and needed port length for a 35hz tune. So i put together a little paint shop quick drawing to get some input.

Untitled.png

Plz no bad comments about the drawing i know its crap but its just an idea of what i am looking for.

6th order bandpass is the hardest kind of enclosure to get correct. Why not a standard ported enclosure?

Well to tell you the truth i am tired of the same old box every time i have a system i want something new. And the box it's self like that matches the bottom of my cars hatch just right so i can still use the top as a floor for my work stuff and such.

All i am really looking for is the formula to figure out the volume of the box, and port tuning for a 6th order. I have looked all over the place online and no sign of any thing.

kk so not much help here oh well then just going with a plain box thats 30in wide by 12in high by 13in deep came out to 1.47 cube with a 34.9hz tune on a 2.5in port with a 36.75 in port length.

I have a single sa8 right now. Im in the process of building a new box for 2. I can tell you right now that port isnt going to work. A single 2.5" does not have near the port area for the amount of air 2 sa8s can move. At a min you need 2 4" ports and that is still on the small side.

Edited by dbsupra

Using a slot port not round port the port is 2.5in wide by 10.5in tall and 36.75 in long total. It will do just fine same box i used for 2 dd1500 8's

I bet they would do great in the type of design, but sorry no help on the design part. Also try giving it more than just a few hours on the replies man, not everyone is online 24/7. There is some great designers on here, but they do have full time jobs also. Try giving Ram Designs a message, he loves doing crazy boxes. GL with it.

Ya i would have given it more time but tue wed are my weekends and i have to get the box built. But its ok i can still go back and build the other one and just have 2 diff box's no big deal. Almost done building the standard ported box now, took less then a full sheet of mdf so its going to have a double face for extra support and the rest of the mdf will make a nice amp rack. The way this box is going i can't wait to start on the one in my jeep. Just have to wait on the funds and maybe find a few sponsors. 1989 jeep grand wagoneer with the back seat taken out gives me a 40in wide by 6 feet deep to play with and a height of 35in. Was looking at doing 4 Fi btl n2 15's in a wall. But don't know just yet.

Sign in to follow this