ballpienhammer

CDs stuck

can you give some more explaination?

OK; I slid a cd into the slot while another was inside(which I though I had ejected).

Tried the eject button a few times resulting in some clicking sounds but no CD popped out. I am afraid to push any tools inside fearing cd and/or stereo damages.

The original cd played fine an hour before I inserted the second one. bph

Last resort, you could disassemble the case and physically remove the CD's from the transport mechanism, though I don't know if that's possible on your unit.

Maybe move this to another section? I feel powerless :D:peepwall:

Yes, well, there's gotta be some kind of a little plastic tool or a hidden release for just such occasions. I'm sure I'm not the first idiot who's done this. A dealer will probably charge me the price of a new radio to do this. It is a Ford Ranger original equipment stereo. I tried pulling the neg battery cable and rehooking it after 5 minutes. Didn't work.

sometimes there is a little pin hole that you can stick a paper clip in to manually push it out

atleast, i think i've seen that

Doh! Good reason to get an aftermarket stereo. Ford stereo's suck.

I too thought there was a manual eject button, but I guess if the electronic one doesn't work you are going to have to go fishing. I'd recommend the skinniest tool you can find like a good tweezers and some gentle persuasion.

Got them out! Top one came out with a fine curved dental forceps. 2nd then ejected. Thanks, bph

thats awesome,

hope you stick around the forum :bigok: