grambo623

fi btl 2nd gen tuning

hi i have a 2nd gen btl i have a 5cubic foot box tuned a 33 hz i want to tune my amp but i dont no how to figure out how many volts each ch can take can anyone help thanks im runnning a hifonics brutus brz2400.1

Edited by grambo623

:puzzled:

hi i have a 2nd gen btl i have a 5cubic foot box tuned a 33 hz i want to tune my amp but i dont no how to figure out how many volts each ch can take can anyone help thanks im runnning a hifonics brutus brz2400.1

:puzzled:

im not to sure my buddy that did this stuff moved away but i had a hfi 2000d on the same setup and we tuned my amp to 42 volts each ch wit his meter at 30hz would the volts change at 33hz

Those amps only have one channel.....

Dude just turn the gain up until the bass doesn't get any louder... Then after you have it set play it as loud as you normally listen to it. If you've been playing your music for 5 minutes and your amp is already getting hot then turn the gain down. If its still cool or barely warm then you're fine. Just keep an eye on your equipment like you should anyway.

Dude just turn the gain up until the bass doesn't get any louder... Then after you have it set play it as loud as you normally listen to it. If you've been playing your music for 5 minutes and your amp is already getting hot then turn the gain down. If its still cool or barely warm then you're fine. Just keep an eye on your equipment like you should anyway.

that's scary.... Not sure I'd follow that ... But DMM method is a good way to be safe... I'll end at that...

that's scary.... Not sure I'd follow that ... But DMM method is a good way to be safe... I'll end at that...

It's a scary method but its the only way for the OP to be able to see when his equipment is working too hard and when he needs to turn the gain down and of course I would say use discretion. Some people can read tutorials all day and not get it but when they see their subs working too hard that will be when the light bulb turns on. I've used the DMM method and I've tuned by ear and I've never blown a woofer either way.

Edited by Crich03

Tuning with a Dmm is so gay

I agree