Sign in to follow this  
ZiGGy

Morel Speakers

Ok a lil background, puttin together a system for my rsx and so far I've got 2 18" Xcons (putting them in separate sealed boxes because both won't fit in the car without folding the seats down) with either a crescendo 3500 our a used saz 3500. For the front I've got polk audio mm 6.5" components and for the back seats mm 5 and a quarter coax. For electrical I've got a mechman 270 alt and two xs batteries.

My question is whether I should get a set of morel maximo 6's and a set of morel 5c's. I've seen a lot of people say good things about the morel's I'm just wondering if it would be worth it since I already have the polks. I would try both to see which ones I like and sell the others.

You pretty much answered yourself by stating you would try both and sell the lesser pair. Thats gonna be your best bet.

I figured that would, but basically I guess what I was looking for was someone who maybe heard both the polks and the morels and could tell me whether it'd be worth it to give them a try since I already have the polks in possession.

The chances that someones heard both of those sets is prolly pretty slim.

And theres always the other problem. What sounds good to them may sound horrible to you.

The chances that someones heard both of those sets is prolly pretty slim.

And theres always the other problem. What sounds good to them may sound horrible to you.

wow, good advice from Jes!!! did you finish your install yet a-hole??? get on it!!

True very true. Thanks for the input guys. I'll try to put a review up on both once I get my install finished.

We'll be expecting it.

yes.,.. pls do

I've used both polks and Morels, not those sets, but I honestly feel that it's like comparing a Russet potato to a red potato... It's always personal preference, but I prefer morel speakers to polk... Obviously taking into account that entry level morels will sound worse than top of the line Polks.

If I remember correctly polk did win an sq championship a few years ago.

I understand exactly what you're saying (literally, I work produce in a grocery store.lol) I guess I got interested in the motels

Interested in the morels cuz I heard a couple reviews saying they're more of a warmer speaker and that's what I'm looking for. I heard the polks can be tinny and bright and that's not the direction I'm trying to go. Like you guys said I'm just gonna have to try both out and see which ones float my boat.

The morel's are a warmer and more balanced speaker, silk tweeters help that....

I absolutely loved my morel's.