///M5

Battery Recommendations

Seeing that my battery is the original and 15 yrs old, I am going to replace it whether or not there is a draw on my system. Discharging to nothing about 10 times in the past weeks I am sure will be the cue de'gra.

Being it is an underseat battery I am limited to 6.75" or so in height which leaves me three options (unless you give me more):

1) A replacement from the stealer $130

2) An Interstate battery for $90 http://www.interstatebatteries.com/Batteri...Line_MTP-93.htm

3) An Optima for $130'ish but it will have to be laid down.

My gut says that the Interstate is just as good as the Optima other than not being sealed. Having to lay the Optima down scares me a bit as well, where the interstate plugs in stock. What should I do?

Optimas are sealed, you wont get any leakage.

Have you looked into gell cell at all ?

The interstate looks good, plenty power

Edited by Eldorado

Regretably in the great white north we don't have kinetic or odyssey dealers, but do have Cabela's AGM batteries. They are made to be beat up in boats and power trolling motors which are akin to large stereos in current draw. So would you get one of these?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/li...ch-results1.jsp

Over the Interstate?

Regretably in the great white north we don't have kinetic or odyssey dealers, but do have Cabela's AGM batteries.  They are made to be beat up in boats and power trolling motors which are akin to large stereos in current draw.  So would you get one of these?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/li...ch-results1.jsp

Over the Interstate?

All of those batteries are over 9" tall, did you miss that?

try

http://www.svrbatteries.com/battery_page.php?bid=21

from the above link, look at the SVR 80, best bang for the buck in high power batteries, but it does not fit for your needs,

the SVR 28 that casey linked fits

from the above link, look at the SVR 80, best bang for the buck in high power batteries

stinger batts seem to work prety well too

yup,

I have just stuck with Optima and SVR, both have been awesome, which reminds me I need a G31, anyone have one sitting around they dont need?

yup,

I have just stuck with Optima and SVR, both have been awesome, which reminds me I need a G31, anyone have one sitting around they dont need?

denim I think I got my optima D31M for like 175 on ebay. :gift:

yup,

denim I think I got my optima D31M for like 175 on ebay. :gift:

do you remember who was selling it?

because I need a battery of that level, (ie stinger 1700, svr100, etc.)

I just sold my svr80 for $45  :ugh2:

:faintthud:

I just searched, found one that was an auction, not buy it now, and put my bid in for 175, I just did the same thing and picked up what I believe to be the cleanest high amp on earth for $150. At least I hope it is, I'm getting rid of one of the world famous Eclipse 3640's

thanks for the link, I need to double check to see if I can squeeze that beast in my explorer

Nope, but it looks generic enough like the Cabela's I posted earlier. Same technology and therefore probably manufacturer as well. I am guessing that batteries are sort of like antifreeze. A whole ton of brands and about 2 manufacturers or parts and subassemblies. Or in the case of af probably just one.

If I Remember once I was told there were 8 major battery factorys in the us and they were run by 3 companys. The guy worked for exide but could have been blowing smoke. I have a exide orbital grp75 I think

I can vouch for the Decka's I bought a pair of intimadators this summer and put em in my boat. I ran it near clipping with about 2000wrms of amps for an hour and a half and I only lost one tenth of a volt! according to my voltmeter as well as the meter on my amp.

I think they were 250 shipped for two, sweet batteries, just had one left unused in a car for 5 months (now out of boat and into old chitty cat) and it started right up.

If I Remember once I was told there were 8 major battery factorys in the us and they were run by 3 companys. The guy worked for exide but could have been blowing smoke. I have a exide orbital grp75 I think

Hawker, Decca, Rolls...do a lot of OEM work for everyone else.