Kawonu

Anyone have experience with ZED amps?

I currently have a passive front component set of Focal's on a Linear Power 1502 with TIPS mods. I'm looking at going active and louder up front. I currently have a BTL N2 15 and another on the way. I can start to drown out the fronts now so adding another sub will definitely drown them out. I have not set my mind up on what tweeters and mids to use. I have door pods already for 6.5 mids and tweeters. I have a small SUV...Mercury Mariner so adding more front speakers is not an option. This is a daily driver and I will rewire the fronts with larger wire when I redo and go active.

I'm looking into the Zed amp 100x4 and wondering if anyone has any experience with it. If anyone has any other suggestions for amps or speakers let me know as well.

I set up the 6 channel.

Not much to play with really, I would try and target what Focal uses in the passive.

Also, the knobs don't indicate the frequency very precisely. May need to measure to verify.

What are you looking for in terms of that amp?

Looking for a good quality 4 channel amp for my first active setup.

Don't know yet. Maybe a DSP processor. What do you recommend?

Well by answering the question of what you are using for your active processing will help answer the question denim asked about what terms are you looking for in the amp. Because if you have processing to run active then the amp really does not need to be anything special but if you plan on using the amps crossover then there will be a lot of work put into getting the correct settings and by what 95Honda said I would say that this amp would not be very easy to set how you would like it to be set.

So would it be easier to get a different amp? I just want a good quality sound but without all the work put into tweaking on the crossovers all the time.

So would it be easier to get a different amp? I just want a good quality sound but without all the work put into tweaking on the crossovers all the time.

then active is not for you my friend.

so your going to need a set of passive that can get loud. which might involve running more power. also, sound deadening

I have two layers throughout the whole vehicle of sound deadening. What kind of power and speakers do you recommend then?

My suggestion would be to give Ray at TIPS a call and see what he can do for you ...

If you want to keep your Sound quality, stay passsive, and get more power at the same time,

then I would suggest moving up to the Linear Power 2.2hv ...

I just might know someone with a minty Plum Crazy Purple (extermely modified) one comming availiable for sale soon ... :drink40:

Just a sugestion bro, Shoot me a PM if interested ...