Sign in to follow this  
Dammed

Xcon 12" and 15" weight

Hey.

I saw the weight that's listed in the store, but is that with packaging?

Anybody know what's the weight of the 12" and 15" Xcon?

Yeah I think it's around 45-48lbs, my guess.

Anyone have exact values?

I know they are around 50 lbs, but I need to know exact values to calculate difference in weight between a 12" and a 15" subwoofer system. (It's going into a sports car, so weight is important)

Anyone have exact values?

I know they are around 50 lbs, but I need to know exact values to calculate difference in weight between a 12" and a 15" subwoofer system. (It's going into a sports car, so weight is important)

I can tell you for certain that they weigh less then 50lbs. The weight between the 12" and 15" is coming from the larger basket, so that's only a few extra pounds.

How does values of 45lbs and 50lbs affect your outcome or design for the car?

The difference in weight is mostly the enclosure sizes. But when you take all the small things into consideration, it can add 10-20lbs to the total weight. That's why I'm trying to find exact values on my speakers, subwoofers, cables, battery etc.

I want to have the 15", but if the 15" system becomes to heavy then I would have to go with a 12" or even a 10".

I'm also trying to find out what power rating my system should be, more power = more weight. That's why I need exact values, because then I can compare a Xcon 12" system to a 12" 750W rms system.

Because after all, the less weight the better, but I also want a good stereo. So I'm trying to find a middle ground between good car performance and a good stereo.

typically, increase in size of the same product line is generally only going to add 2-3lbs.

What sports car?

For reference the ten weighs 42 lbs in the packaging. I just got done shipping one.

For reference the ten weighs 42 lbs in the packaging. I just got done shipping one.

Thanks man, how heavy do you think the packaging could be?

Could someone from SSA write here the weight of the Xcons? (I know it's the holidays, so I don't expect it soon.)

Dude, if your so worried about 10-20Lbs. Don't build a stereo with such heavy equipment. Its that simple.

Thanks man, how heavy do you think the packaging could be?

Could someone from SSA write here the weight of the Xcons? (I know it's the holidays, so I don't expect it soon.)

The packaging couldn't have been much more than 1-2 lb. Ultimately I'd say disregard the weight of the driver as the difference is less than ~5 lbs. The enclosure weight will be much more substantial.

Last I checked, the Xcon 12 shipped was 44lbs, the 15 a couple more.

So it should be about 40lbs for the 10", 42lbs for the 12" and 44lbs for the 15", give and take 1lbs. Thanks guys.