teamjeffrey

Vcm units

I wanna know is there any plans for vcm units to be compatible import cars it be nice if that could happen

I wanna know is there any plans for vcm units to be compatible import cars it be nice if that could happen

I haven't seen any new news about the VCM's, honestly IMO they are just a band-aid to a problem that could be easily fixed by purchasing a HO alt with an external regulator.

You can easily lower the life expectancy of your alt with something like a VCM.

Well I would like a VCM for my Chevy because it is PCM controlled so I can't use a regulator even with a HO alt.

So OP I feel your pain

Edited by Fearz

I haven't seen any new news about the VCM's, honestly IMO they are just a band-aid to a problem that could be easily fixed by purchasing a HO alt with an external regulator.

You can easily lower the life expectancy of your alt with something like a VCM.

Actually the VCM doesn't put added strain on alternators. It controls the voltage and has nothing to do with the amperage output. Most people buy them to hook up to their HO alt/alts, so they can control the voltage from inside the vehicle and at any time. No need to get out of the vehicle go under the hood and adjust the voltage output.

Makes it a lot easier to charge at 14.4V regularly, but simply bump up the voltage to 14.9V or what ever you would like for competitions. Also makes it possible to turn your HO 12V alt into a 16V alt by just pushing a few buttons.

This is part of the reason it is taking so long on the new programing for the VCM. Trying to get a few new things to work, but getting those to work with all models takes a lot of engineer work.