Sign in to follow this  
Dylan Matlow

Shallow Delta Midbass (11.5mm of xmax)

2.6" deep 6.5" with 11.5mm one way

6.5" midbass/midrange good untill 7khz.

The 4 ohm has an f3 of 53hz IB.

.4-.7cuft suggested for kicks

The 8 ohm extends to 40hz in a ported alignment 1.4 cuft tuned to 38hz.

Or to 58hz in a ported alignment 0.6 cuft tuned to 50hz

While this is a very exceptional midbass, the Omega is superior both in terms of midrange quality and output full range. This design was created since we realize not everyone can fit the omega...

This mid also has a black paper cone

Aluminum former (non hexy)

Very high temp 10 layer coil (250C, 300C max wire with 600C adhesive)

The Delta also comes in both a 4 and 8 ohm variety and is self shielded for use in home audio or car audio.

The 8 ohm version has an aluminum phase plug.

shallowmountteaser.jpg

Fs = 44.49 Hz

Qms = 3

Vas = 44.54 liters

Cms = 1.6 mm/N

Mms = 8 g

Rms = 0.745 kg/s

Xmax = 11.5 mm

P-Dia = 133.5 mm

Sd = 140 sq.cm

P-Vd = 0.161 liters

Qes = 0.744

Re = 3.2 ohms

Le = .06mH

BL = 3.1 N/A

Qts = 0.596

1-W SPL = 89.26 dB

These are the t/s for the 8 ohm version:

Fs = 39.79 Hz

Qms = 3.02

Vas = 44.54 liters

Cms = 1.6 mm/N

Mms = 10 g

Rms = 0.828 kg/s

Xmax = 11.5 mm

P-Dia = 133.5 mm

Sd = 140 sq.cm

P-Vd = 0.161 liters

Qes = 0.417

Re = 6 ohms

Le = .11 mH

Z = 8 ohms

BL = 6 N/A

Qts = 0.366

1-W SPL = 90.32 dB

The 4 ohm is $72/ea

The 8 ohm is $75/ea

These prices are for the preorder only, which will begin when the webpage is updated.

It should be pointed out that though this speaker is not anywhere near the omega it is still the best 6.5" currently produced (besides the Omega)....

it will outperform any speaker with anywhere near that much excursion

Will this be available in a set with crossover and tweeter and is it suited for IB applications?

Edited by JoeHemi57

Will this be available in a set with crossover and tweeter and is it suited for IB applications?

it's F3 point IB is lower than just about any 6.5" I know of... around 50hz it's perfect for it... in fact it's incredibly STABLE IB... incredible

it comes in a component set like the omega with the LPG silk or aluminum dome tweeters and crossovers

$275 for the full component set + shipping

Hate to get too off topic on your first day but heres a pic, its an 05, the doors on these are shallow and oddly shaped from what i've seen. the rest of the system would be usamps xterminator xt800.2 and xt2000d on 2 ascendant audio arsenal 10's. i have the subs here and the sub amp will be here tomorrow.

DSCI0032.jpg

t

Hate to get too off topic on your first day but heres a pic, its an 05, the doors on these are shallow and oddly shaped from what i've seen. the rest of the system would be usamps xterminator xt800.2 and xt2000d on 2 ascendant audio arsenal 10's. i have the subs here and the sub amp will be here tomorrow.

DSCI0032.jpg

t

daddy likes.... :) :) :)

What kinda crap pic is that.

We need close ups posthaste

:lol: they're called teasers for a reason... there will be plenty of pics when the site is up... waiting for good pics from a real cameraman :) that are site quality :)

sometime next week when ordering starts

Edited by Matthew_Rich

I assume the cone assembly is unfinished and that is why you cannot show a picture of it.

I assume the cone assembly is unfinished and that is why you cannot show a picture of it.

Just wait for the webpage or beg Matt to take more... It seems like he hates taking pictures though :)

I have a picture of a previous assembly with a normal surround instead of inverted if people are curious about what the cone looks like...

If you look closely you can see the cone in the pics though...

I'd like to pick up a pair as well after I can see some more pics and whatnot... hopefully the site gets ready soon so I can get in my pre-order.

Edited by sundownz

Just wait for the webpage or beg Matt to take more... It seems like he hates taking pictures though :)

I have a picture of a previous assembly with a normal surround instead of inverted if people are curious about what the cone looks like...

If you look closely you can see the cone in the pics though...

Since I still haven't decided just yet if I want to use inverted surrounds for the delta or not I haven't posted pics of it yet....

I think we're going to go with the normal surrounds however... I'll post pics of this soon.

There's no pictures of the cone with the inverted surround simply because we had to modify the surround to mount and look correct which they will be in soon. you can have pics of it but it won't look anything like the final production driver hence why I saw no reason to post them in the teaser picture portion

I had inverted surround on my old kenwood speakers. It looked stupid.

MB Quart did that with one of their subs, it just looks wrong.

the good old MTX RFL has the inverted surround, I remember it seemed like people were using them in competition since they sorta dethroned the stroker, but yeah, first sub I saw quick changed in between burps,

I was standing there thinking, what the crap, he put the cone on upside down, thats going to hurt the db's hehehehe

I had inverted surround on my old kenwood speakers. It looked stupid.

MB Quart did that with one of their subs, it just looks wrong.

in the case of the omega it is used because the surround is around 11mm tall because it is not a half roll... THIS would look foolish sticking out of your speakers and could easily be damaged... Sd is preserved this way however and of course you will not have any weird effects from sound hitting the surround and causing strange anamolies off axis (which is a distinct problem)

normal surrounds are probably the course of action for the Delta... for SQ purposes you would never want a surround that tall sticking out of your speaker (huge strange distortions will occur) on the Omega... not to mention easily damaged

Edited by Matthew_Rich