Ohjay

'96 Bronco build

Skip it... How & where did you run your power & ground?

I'll shoot some pics for you tomorrow.

nice choice of equipment & i like that big + design on the box cool.png

Thanks, it does catch the eye a bit when the tailgate is down. That was the designer's idea, I would rather not even have it on there to be honest.

It has been too long since I've updated this so I better find something to keep a wee bit of interest. The Bronco decided to leave me stranded for the first time a few weeks ago and we had to tow it out of the school parking lot.

My father in law came through for me, picked it up and took it to his shop.

101_0687.jpg

Leaving the parking lot. Hauled off by a truck 50 years her senior.

101_0688.jpg

Made it to the shop where it sat for quite some time before we got around to putting it on the lift and tearing into it.

101_0689.jpg

What happen to yours?

What happen to yours?

I drove it to school one day, parked it and went to class. Got out of class, jumped in and fired it up then I put it in gear and it didn't want to move while idling as usual so I gave it a bit of throttle and heard the old metal on metal symphony. I didn't want to risk tearing anything up and we have the old rollback, so I had my father in law come pick it up and take it to his shop. We unloaded it in the shop( weeks later) and put it up on the lift, started by spinning all four tires and the fourth one did not spin freely. Pulled the wheel and drum off and the damn brake was locked up. Then simply backed the brake off, put the drum and wheel back on, lowered it back to the ground and drove off. All in all, about an hour labor and no dollars. :)

KOOL...

I would changed the drum breaks since I was already in there but kool to know it nothing major.

KOOL...

I would changed the drum breaks since I was already in there but kool to know it nothing major.

x2

I won't be driving it much this year so I will be doing plenty of maintenance and making some other changes.

That tow truck is cool haha. Where have you been man? Glad you are back and posting. I hope you get the Bronco back up and running.

I've been busy with school lately. Haven't been online too much. It is back on the road.

Edited by Ohjay

I've been busy with school lately. Haven't been online too much. It is back on the road.

Good to hear! I hope you stick around.

UPDATE!!!

The Bronco has a few issues that need to be worked out before any real progress can/will be made, I may swap out the speakers in the doors and fool with a couple of minor things soon. I'll be sure to take some pics and update when I do.

Nice build log ohjay, any pics of how you done the doors?

Was the bracing on your port wall enough?

Any flex there?

Nice build log logan!! :)

Nice build log ohjay, any pics of how you done the doors?

Was the bracing on your port wall enough?

Any flex there?

I may have a couple more pics of the doors, I will look and see if there are any others on the camera or saved to my computer in just a bit. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see?

The port flexes a lot and while I didn't have high hopes, I am pretty disappointed at how this enclosure performs so a new one will be in the works as soon as I decide exactly what I want to do and funds allow. Having a wife, 3 kids and going to school full time takes a lot out of a man both time wise and financially. hsughexile.gif

Nice build log logan!! smile.png

Thank you sir, most of the install was pretty much experimental so I'm not too upset but the performance of this build was definitely lackluster. Round 2 should prove to be much, much better.