lamchop_8

Sub Comparison

In general what would be louder between 2 fully loaded 18" Fi BL's, 1 18" fully loaded BTL N3, or 1 18" AA Smd woofer. Will be powered to Hifonics HFI3000d. Already got the amp. If I get 2 subs the box will be 13cuft after displacements double baffled and braced and tuned to 32hz. or with a 1 sub setup it will be 7.5cuft after displacements double baffled and braced and tuned to 32hz. I mainly care about LOUDNESS (No SQ) such as db reads etc. at least 149-152db. Setup will be going into 1996 Chevy Tahoe. Looking for a good hard hitting daily driver. Dont wanna spend more than 850 for subwoofers.

"Hope This Helps" :)

P.S. Im also interested in DC Lvl 5's and RD Audio Heavyweights. Dnt know how much they are though :(

Edited by Randy.D

Cone area will be your friend.

And let the speculation begin!

Cone area will be your friend.

And let the speculation begin!

Thanks. I kinda figured that. So the BL's would be the best choice?

I would personally go with the 2 18" BL's.... Or even better, Two 18" BTL N3's.. ;)

I would personally go with the 2 18" BL's.... Or even better, Two 18" BTL N3's.. ;)

I would love to get Btls n3's but thats out my price range thats 1500+ for wat an extra 6db or so. How much more wrms can a fully loaded Bl take? The stoc take 1500rms daily. And what is the "Internal Lead" option for the BL. I looked it up on Fi Tech but its not on there only the "Extreme Lead"

Edited by Randy.D

Well, i wouldnt see getting ~150db with two 18" BL's be that hard of a task with a well built box. You really shouldnt push them over RMS rating, and they dont need it in order to get 'loud'.

Well, i wouldnt see getting ~150db with two 18" BL's be that hard of a task with a well built box. You really shouldnt push them over RMS rating, and they dont need it in order to get 'loud'.

Ok thanks for info. I'll stick to 1500. I might see at least 147-148 that will be good. But what is the Internal Lead option? Is it recommended for Daily?

Edited by Randy.D

147 is easy enough to do with two 12's in a trunk :P. Dont worry youll get those numbers, but im sorry, im not 100% sure what the lead option does.

147 is easy enough to do with two 12's in a trunk :P. Dont worry youll get those numbers, but im sorry, im not 100% sure what the lead option does.

Ok its cool. Im just iffy about getting it or not. Just wanna know if that option helps the sub overall. Im going to email some people and see if they know what it does

In general what would be louder between 2 fully loaded 18" Fi BL's, 1 18" fully loaded BTL N3, or 1 18" AA Smd woofer. Will be powered to Hifonics HFI3000d. Already got the amp. If I get 2 subs the box will be 13cuft after displacements double baffled and braced and tuned to 32hz. or with a 1 sub setup it will be 7.5cuft after displacements double baffled and braced and tuned to 32hz. I mainly care about LOUDNESS (No SQ) such as db reads etc. at least 149-152db. Setup will be going into 1996 Chevy Tahoe. Looking for a good hard hitting daily driver. Dont wanna spend more than 850 for subwoofers.

P.S. Im also interested in DC Lvl 5's and RD Audio Heavyweights. Dnt know how much they are though :(

you don't have enough power for those two subs you are also considering.

cone area will help you better if you're inexperience. your box will give you the 150 or the 140.

you don't have enough power for those two subs you are also considering.

cone area will help you better if you're inexperience. your box will give you the 150 or the 140.

So ur saying the Hifonics wont power the subs? Or are you taking about electrical, batteries, alternators etc?

Internal lead option means they're sandwiched between the spiders, rather than run on top of them.

Internal lead option means they're sandwiched between the spiders, rather than run on top of them.

Thank U! Would you recommend that option or not? Its like a extra 25. And does it help performance in anyway?

Edited by Randy.D

Thank U! Would you recommend that option or not? Its like a extra 25. And does it help performance in anyway?

The sandwiched leads will eliminate any potential tinsel lead slap at high excursion. I would go with them, I though they were standard anyways?

i thought they were too ^^^

ya go with the 2 BLs .... and yes get the internal lead option

The sandwiched leads will eliminate any potential tinsel lead slap at high excursion. I would go with them, I though they were standard anyways?

Not for the BL. I wish. Thanks U

i thought they were too ^^^

ya go with the 2 BLs .... and yes get the internal lead option

Thanks

The Xcon 18's are about the same price but the Fs is lower and senstivity is a few db lower and their 1750wrms instead of 1500wrms (for the BL's). Not really much of a difference but would they be louder or not really noticable? Tuned to 32hz. 14cuft after all displacements.

Its extremely hard to tell what will be louder without actually trying out every option you are interested and that is a bit of a waste of money... Go with your gut, both are awesome options and you cant really go wrong with either.

I had the lucky expereince to hear two 18 xcons powered by a sundown saz 3500. All I can say is awesume. :fing34:

I LOVE my SSA 18"s. :)

Can you still hear. :fing34:

For the time being. :)

Until I do 4 18"s in a wall with 4x the power I have now! >:-]

For the time being. :)

Until I do 4 18"s in a wall with 4x the power I have now! >:-]

:fing34:

Holy crap Drew.

To answer the above question, the BL's are an excellent option for brute force output being top priority.