Sign in to follow this  
Nauckerz504

1800 watt amp with 4 gauge wire?

I have a 99 accord. I have a stock battery with a stock 90amp alt. I have big three upgrade. I have a fully loaded 12 QD2 and an 1800.1 audiopipe amp. I was wondering if my 4 gauge knukonceptz kolossus fleks amp kit would suffice for this amount of power. I am going to be running it at 1 ohm. I would appreciate the help.

You would be better off running something bigger.

Would it do though? I really dont have alot of money to buy 0 gauge.

Would it do though? I really dont have alot of money to buy 0 gauge.

It would "do" but I wouldn't do it. I run 4 gauge for my 600 watt RMS mids and highs amp.

pretty sure i run a 4 gauge for my chicks jl 500/1 aswell.... like he said.. it MAY work just fine.

how long of a run will it be.. there is a chart that shows the amperage to length for wire rating.

BTW there is a 2 gauge aswell..

You should be just fine man. These people think a 300w amp should have 1/0 half the time. Lol.

pretty sure i run a 4 gauge for my chicks jl 500/1 aswell.... like he said.. it MAY work just fine.

how long of a run will it be.. there is a chart that shows the amperage to length for wire rating.

BTW there is a 2 gauge aswell..

at the most 13ft

at 13 feet i would do it .. you wont be running a full 1800 watts anyhow.

I would like to get a yellow top soon. maybe a bigger alt. but for the time being I would like not to spend over 1000 dollars. I am already at 400 for the Q (which i hope its worth paying that much for) 220 for the amp and almost 110 for all of my wiring. its probably gonna cost around 100 for custom box and help with installation.

Edited by Nauckerz504

I would like to get a yellow top soon. maybe a bigger alt. but for the time being I would like not to spend over 1000 dollars. I am already at 400 for the Q (which i hope its worth paying that much for) 220 for the amp and almost 110 for all of my wiring. its probably gonna cost around 100 for custom box and help with installation.

Why are you looking to the Fi Q?

Why are you looking to the Fi Q?

well, actually I have never heard of FI untill i met this guy (friends now) with an 18 fi btl n2 in the back of his yukon. I was looking for something with a BUNCH of bass that wasnt from some overated company. Nino, the guy with the yukon offered to help me with the box and install. He talked me into buying the Q. I kept saying that I really didnt want something that ive never heard before but I trusted that he knew what he was talking about.

Oh wow, I didnt notice you lived in Louisiana. You "might" know nino. He's got the bagged flat black yukon with the ridiculous lights and loud ass train horn. he was part of some car group called empire.

if your going to get a bigger alt and a yellow top.. or an added yellow top then make it a run of 0 gauge.

No idea who he is. I only kept track of the stereo guys in LA.

You can ebay any zero gauge kit for 40$, I just did for a local, unless thats expensive for you idk

IMO if you only run the 4 gauge you'll probably only see 1000wrms.... i would get the 1/0 so you can get the true rms from the amp....

You can ebay any zero gauge kit for 40$, I just did for a local, unless thats expensive for you idk

Don't get an eBay kit...

IMO if you only run the 4 gauge you'll probably only see 1000wrms.... i would get the 1/0 so you can get the true rms from the amp....

the Q is a good sub... but.. it is a sub that is best when used gingerly IMO. ... so it does not need more then 1000 clean watts IMO.

the Q is good for SQ, and people that are looking for LOWS... but.. its best used when IN THE HANDS OF A EXPERIENCED person.IMO.

so .. with that said.. again IMO.... 1000 watts CLEAN. the just fine.

but. if your not an audiophile... the Q is not for you ....... IMO.

Why does everyone think 4awg won't support the power?

Not everything needs 1/0...

i remember back in the day.. 4 gauge was thickest you seen outside of SPL rides......

but,.,. if your strapped on cash.. if you feel you need more... 2 runs of 4 gauge is the same if not more then 1 run of 0 gauge....

so make 1 run now... and later if you need more.. and you have a lil more cash.. make another run.

2 runs of 4 gauge is the same if not more then 1 run of 0 gauge....

I hope your kidding......

2 runs of 4 gauge is the same if not more then 1 run of 0 gauge....

I hope your kidding......

I think Jon means cost wise. :ughdunno:

i was drunk came out kinda confusing.

Does mean anything that the knukonceptz wire is 100% oxygen free oversized wire and capable of up to 150 amps at a max length of 1000 ft. And the amp comes with a 120 amp fuse?

I think I might run it at 4 omhs that way i won't destroy my alt. and it won't be a true 4 ohms either cause "1 ohm" is really .7 ohm. Idk. I want to run it at full power but I don't want to destroy my car.

Sign in to follow this