accordwithbass

Trying to get from 148.2 to 150+ DB's

Welding Wire is the best deal for 0 gauge. Good quality stuff too.

However, that being said, I do run KnuKonceptz and it works well for me. But if I went back in time, i would choose welding wire instead.

I love how the guy who gave the most beneficial advice is the guy who gets crapped on. If you don't have a meter, everything else is just shooting blind.

However, that being said, I do run KnuKonceptz and it works well for me. But if I went back in time, i would choose welding wire instead.

X2

It doesnt matter which meter you test with, as long as you can see gains or losses you should still get a good idea what to do and what not to do.

Little things can make a bit of difference. The way the enclosure is angled. If the seats fold forward (or backward). The sun visors being down or up. The way you sit in the vehicle while testing. This is pretty much why Shizzzon was saying that about owning a TL. Without one you'll probably never get enough time on a meter to get things like you want.

Take for example. You could position the enclosure .25" towards the passenger side of the front window and gain .5dB OR you could lose 1dB. Without owning a meter you'd not know if you gained or lost.

As close as you are to a 150, every little small adjustment will make a difference. Some will lose, some will gain.

This score is really high with those equipments.

Congratulations.

What kind of box do you have ? Specs ?

don't be surprised to see you have lost 5db when you get metered on that TL. for what you have and how its set up there is no way your at 148db. this wasn't a negative post it was a don't be surprised when you loose about 5db post.

don't be surprised to see you have lost 5db when you get metered on that TL. for what you have and how its set up there is no way your at 148db. this wasn't a negative post it was a don't be surprised when you loose about 5db post.

There is a large difference between the AudioControl meter and a Term-Lab. One is a sound meter, one is a pressure meter. You can yell at an AC meter and get a reading.

Thanks guys, as for the meter I had the music blasting and it didnt pick anything up and as soon as my woofers started moving it picked it up, it is a sound pressure meter not just a DB meter. And yes I might lose some dbs on the term lab but If i get the most dbs out of the other meter then Ill know for sure what I have when I get on the TL. And you can see my build log for my box, I never got around to finishing the build log, sorry, Ill do that this weekend. I just got Knukoncepts wire from my buddy for the big 3 for almost freee, but im getting welding cable at my audio shop to run to my amp. When I did meter it was me and my buddy in my car so that would effect it. I just need to test and test like you guys said.