The problem with most of these units is the user has really no idea what to do.

You need to understand what you are trying to accomplish and how to go about it properly before doing it. If you are asking on the forum, you shouldn't be. You should be reading information, then working towards the goal, then asking for help if lost.

It also helps to not be broke. If you want to do something, do it right. If you can't afford to do it properly, wait until you can. If you are unemployed, quit looking at buying audio equipment.

So what do I need for it to work? :D

If you have to ask, running active probably isn't for you.

God forbid somebody want to learn/experiment....if things weren't for us if we had to ask about them, nothing would be for anyone.

OP: You can look into the Memphis 16-X03, it's a 3way electronic xover that will allow you to bandpass your mids and you'll be active like you want.

Edited by Loud n Clean

You need to understand what you are trying to accomplish and how to go about it properly before doing it. If you are asking on the forum, you shouldn't be. You should be reading information, then working towards the goal, then asking for help if lost.

It also helps to not be broke. If you want to do something, do it right. If you can't afford to do it properly, wait until you can. If you are unemployed, quit looking at buying audio equipment.

I just want to use it as a crossover not to go active.

Well said

I said unemployed not broke.

give us a budget.

You could try to sell your h u and use the money on a new one.

I'm sure you can find used Pioneer prs h u for "cheap".

Good processors are not cheap.

give us a budget.

You could try to sell your h u and use the money on a new one.

I'm sure you can find used Pioneer prs h u for "cheap".

Good processors are not cheap.

What I am actually looking for is a three way cross over for running active. about 200 dollars

The problem with most of these units is the user has really no idea what to do. You need to understand what you are trying to accomplish and how to go about it properly before doing it. If you are asking on the forum, you shouldn't be. You should be reading information, then working towards the goal, then asking for help if lost. It also helps to not be broke. If you want to do something, do it right. If you can't afford to do it properly, wait until you can. If you are unemployed, quit looking at buying audio equipment.

give us a budget.You could try to sell your h u and use the money on a new one.I'm sure you can find used Pioneer prs h u for "cheap". Good processors are not cheap.
What I am actually looking for is a three way cross over for running active. about 200 dollars

Interesting.

The problem with most of these units is the user has really no idea what to do. You need to understand what you are trying to accomplish and how to go about it properly before doing it. If you are asking on the forum, you shouldn't be. You should be reading information, then working towards the goal, then asking for help if lost. It also helps to not be broke. If you want to do something, do it right. If you can't afford to do it properly, wait until you can. If you are unemployed, quit looking at buying audio equipment.

give us a budget.You could try to sell your h u and use the money on a new one.I'm sure you can find used Pioneer prs h u for "cheap". Good processors are not cheap.

Interesting.

That kicker is called a active 3way cross over. I want to be able to adjust the tweeter,mids and sub.

No.

What do you recommend?

Something really expensive would probably do the trick, just to cover all bases.

Why don't you give us a little more information as to what exactly your trying to accomplish, and provide a budget.

I have mids and tweetrs I want to install and adjust them .

So your only using two types of speakers, 2-way.

Check out the rockford 360.2. It requires a laptop with bluetooth / pda bluetooth / etc for tuning though.

You may find it easiest to get a head unit that's capable of doing the processing. Others will have to talk about which models do what, that I do not know.

No subs mids and tweeters

Audison Bit One

Audison Bit Ten

JBL MS8

Rockford 3sixty.2

Headunits, not sure exact specs on each, look for yourself.

Alpine 9813,9815,9833,9835

Pioneer Premier 860mp

eclipse 8053/8443

There are tons of choices, way way more then the above, you just have to look.

unemployed right now need a cheap option. I dont have a budget, but dont want to spend alot right now.

I asked you for a budget, you specified none.I want a active 3way cross over.

You are all over the place man. :)

You are all over the place man. :)

No I miss spoke at first its a crossover for running active.Says S De Young.

A kicker kx3.

You need to know the facts first -1 is what you would get for running your mouth.

You need to know the facts first -1 is what you would get for running your mouth.

Umm, what? He stated EXACTLY what you need to do, if you choose not to listen it's your own damn fault.

Read the paragraph in bold please.

Umm, what? He stated EXACTLY what you need to do, if you choose not to listen it's your own damn fault.

I know what I want and am getting one. I f you guys dont like it to bad.

If you were buying it no matter what we said. Why ask?

If you were buying it no matter what we said. Why ask?

I wasnt buying it on his advise, I bought it on another persons advice.If tht guy it wrong then bad on him.The moderators arent experts.

Since he's the expert, I'll leave this thread.

I am not quite sure where this thread is going, let's keep it civil please.

Me too.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek5wavey:

Me too.

Well shit, I wont be the last one here.

Sorry for trying to help.

Me too.

Well shit, I wont be the last one here.

Sorry for trying to help.

No one mad at you. :P