well my brakes went out and have been out for a while, but the brake fluid things are full of fluid so i know its not a leak in that, so i was told maybe its the master cyclinder or, just bleed the brakes maybe theres an air bubble or air in the lines, its gonna cost alot to fix but i would like to know if any way at possible to check to know for sure whats wrong with it, like how to check for the leaks etc, i cant move the car unless i want to pull the Ebreak the whole time i was wonderin if i should bleed the brakes and then go get a free check up? Or would that be just stupid?

idk i just really would like to know yalls opinions Thanks!

There could be an air pocket in the line but you should still have some braking force.

Brake fluid is cheap so i dont see any reason why you couldnt bleed the brakes.

If the master cylinder is shot then you are pretty much screwed and you'll need to get a new/used one

I just replaced all my brake components, calipars etc on my jeep. If you know someone who is a mechanic or who is good on cars, it doesn't cost much to replace everything. If you had to go to a shop, its going to cost.

Master cylinder is another story.

Be carefull if you are using your ebrake to stop, thats pretty scary!

Or at least use the e-brake for turning in the snow. Woot!

Sounds to me like a Master C, pretty unusual to lose just a caliper and have absolutely no brake force anywhere else. In your car the rears and fronts should be a separate part of the master though, which would mean if you lost a caliper that only half of your brakes wouldn't work.

Is the pedal really, really stiff? If so, you may have just lost your booster. Attached to the MC is a vacuum pump that adds to your braking power--brake booster. If this goes and you have disc brakes anywhere on the car your pedal will get really firm.

How did it feel as they went out. A classic MC going out will allow you to stop, but as you sit at the stop sign your foot goes closer and closer to the floor.

If it is just bleeding, your car has been neglected for a long time. Your brake pedal would have felt pretty darn mushy before it went out.

Good luck!

Well i just was outside tryin to figure out what is wrong well the Brakes now kinda work but the pedal does feel mushy.. i was told just to bleed the brakes if its not that its the MC or Booster

before the brakes went out the brakes werent that great they didnt stop that fast in the first place and the pedal wasnt very stiff..

what do yall think?? :Doh:

Bleeding the brakes will be pointless. If there is air in the line, it is due to a leaking seal or hose somewhere. Bleeding will not work.

I say MC as well.

If the vehicle has ABS, make sure to take it to a professional. The ABS pump MUST be bled along with the brakes and it takes a computer to do this, even on OBDI.

Power Brake Booster means exactly that. Your pedal would be like a rock, but you would still have brakes, just hee-man brakes.

May even have Hydraboost. Me loves Hydraboost!

the rear mc went out on our cherokee, it was quite obvious though. are you sure the brakes aren't just old?

Have them serviced.

worn out, they would scream like its nobody's business and you wouldn't stop very well if at all.

worn out, they would scream like its nobody's business

Not always, and especially if there are drums on the rear. MY rear brakes on my truck don't work for crap, and you can tell, but still they make no noise.

Not working and worn out are 2 different things.

Not really, my rear drums were so worn on my old '82 Cordoba, that one day I didn't have brakes, and I didn't even realize they were worn.

That was bad.

Not really, my rear drums were so worn on my old '82 Cordoba, that one day I didn't have brakes, and I didn't even realize they were worn.

That was bad.

What are rear brakes for??

That was bad.

What are rear brakes for??

On my truck, they're nothing more than whell spacers. :D