jcs921

Dcon popping noise.

On a side note, are the SSA woofers built by Fi? I've heard that somewhere but don't have any solid info.

Yes

Thanks. They looked like they may be, in fact one model (can't remember) has a motor structure that looks very similar to my SSD's. I haven't looked at any of the details, but I'm sure each "Brand" is built with their own specs?

Just because they are similar in appearance does not make them the same.

Fi OEMs more brands then you would ever think.

I got rid of my bass knob that came with my amp. No good. Id recommend getting one that cuts the bass signal from the RCA's instead. This is the one i have:

http://www.sonicelec...60_PAC-LC1.html

hmmm, I might look into that.

I got rid of my bass knob that came with my amp. No good. Id recommend getting one that cuts the bass signal from the RCA's instead. This is the one i have:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5260_PAC-LC1.html

Just curious what would be better for your amp.. this remote which cuts the rca voltage to your amp or a gain bass remote? I have the option to buy both but i'm not sure which one i should choose yet.

Just curious what would be better for your amp.. this remote which cuts the rca voltage to your amp or a gain bass remote? I have the option to buy both but i'm not sure which one i should choose yet.

Cutting out the bass signal from the RCA's is better IMO. And unlike my stock gain bass knob that came with my amp i can now turn it down and have no output from the subs. Which is good if i see a cop :peepwall:

Edited by RobClay

If he is using the knob he is using bass boost. I'm not trying to "call you out" just trying to help.

How do you know this?

I have personally owned 2 Audiopipe amps and have installed 4 and I have never had a problem with the knob. As far as I know it's a remote gain knob. It reduces the output to near-nothing when it's all the way down (like the actual gain setting on your amp), whereas a "boost" knob wouldn't do that...I have had AP and AQX series also.

And if he says "if we turn it down any more there is barely any bass" then isn't that setting the gain by ear, like most of us suggest? I don't doubt he grossly overpowered them but...I distinctly remember a thread where everyone was bashing the SMD DD-1 with comments like "use your ears!" and now we're here...lol

If he is using the knob he is using bass boost. I'm not trying to "call you out" just trying to help.

How do you know this?

I have personally owned 2 Audiopipe amps and have installed 4 and I have never had a problem with the knob. As far as I know it's a remote gain knob. It reduces the output to near-nothing when it's all the way down (like the actual gain setting on your amp), whereas a "boost" knob wouldn't do that...I have had AP and AQX series also.

And if he says "if we turn it down any more there is barely any bass" then isn't that setting the gain by ear, like most of us suggest? I don't doubt he grossly overpowered them but...I distinctly remember a thread where everyone was bashing the SMD DD-1 with comments like "use your ears!" and now we're here...lol

Ap series amps have bass boost knobs.

How do you know this?

We can agree to disagree. I don't think a boost knob would reduce output to almost nothing when it's all the way down. It would only boost output when you turn it up.

How do you know this?

We can agree to disagree. I don't think a boost knob would reduce output to almost nothing when it's all the way down. It would only boost output when you turn it up.

Sounds good to me :fing34:

How do you know this?

I figured I'd post this and admit my defeat. I emailed audiopipe asking about the knob and this is what I got:

Thank you for your interest in our product, I will be happy to help you. The included knobs on the AP series class D amps control gain/signal and not bass boost.

Thank you,

David Thornton

Great to know