Aaron Clinton

Sound Stream XXX-15??

I am wondering about name infringement, but I am assuming RE and Soundstream are already talking about this debacle.. :finger:

but here is the new monster:

:wacko::wacko:

XXX-15.gif

link to page, for specs scroll down....

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_amps_xxx.html

Can RE sue them, or did they not have it copyrighted or whatever? That amp looks beastly... if i decided to do my setup i might go with that lol. But cant RE do something about this.... seeing as the XXX lines been out for 2 years if not more?

I am sure they can, I am not even sure that the soundstream is a final version yet, this might be a teaser or something, like the Crystal Wraith that has been talked about for years but still is not out, but then again this could be dead serious and blam we got us a name war, and I worried because soundstream is now fully funded and has some serious money behind them

You think they could buy out RE?

I dont think thats an issue, I mean if this went to court or what ever, RE is not going to sell anyway, they are growing too fast and doing very well :slayer:

wow---another big sub---woop dee doo!I am kinda getting tired of seeing all these new subs that almost outweigh my wife and claim hard to believe numbers---if it can do it---cool if not---chalk up another sub that SS tried and failed at---the SPL series back in the 90's were ok---but that is being nice to them---I just want a test of them(give me one---I'll see what it can take).

Dave

so did you get to hear the divinci's?????

davinci1.gif

davinci1.gif

no---I have heard good and bad about them-----your take on them......

I have heard good and bad, infinte car audio has them uber cheap since they are discontinued, I had thought about trying one out for fun, it is directed as an SQL woofer, but a few people have said its over motored... here is the link

http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/ic...&catalogno=DV10

I for one am actually a big fan of the SPL subs. I had a pair of 160s in a 3 cube box running 200 watts to each driver and I was just amazed at their output in that small enclosure with so little power. I have been wanting another pair ever since.

davinci1.gif

no---I have heard good and bad about them-----your take on them......

I have heard good and bad, infinte car audio has them uber cheap since they are discontinued, I had thought about trying one out for fun, it is directed as an LSQ woofer, but a few people have said its over motored... here is the link

http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/ic...&catalogno=DV10

Actually Funny I read this Topic I just installed one into a customers car last night. First thoughts were God Ugly. The Suspenion is stiff as hell. Uses some new motor topology anyway on to my thoughts. We put the 10" in an exploder and hooked it up with 500wrms in a 2.5 cube box tuned to about 27 hz given the crapy specs i was given from Sound Stream. My take. YAY just another 10" woofer Not really Worth buying if it was me. The customer bought it new from ubid for 80 bucks I didnt think it was worth it. @ 179 you money is better spent for another 20 bucks to get a RE SE 10" much better sq and much better SPL IMO

Scott Stoner

crap for 80 I might try it for fun

i read on another forum that these guys are now owned by poweracoustik. are they going to let soundstream continue to build decent amps or are we going to see the snafu and biznitch series soon?

well from my understanding, Steve might know better than I, but from what I have read, Soundstream is still making their mid line amps and the upper end amplifers, but power acoustic is designing and makeing the lower line, like the Edge Series, and I believe that Warbleed on Sounddomain mentioned that the Divinici subs were done by PA also, but who designed this new "top secret" sub and amp I dont know that at all

no idea, I just poked around and found it

well their XXX amp runs 10grand, so that will probably give you an idea. I would guess about 2000 bucks.

anybody got any more pics?

DSCN4588.jpg

i've heard the Divinici 10 and to tell u the truth...it sounds like a high priced pyramid hyper pro.

i've heard the Divinici 10 and to tell u the truth...it sounds like a high priced pyramid hyper pro.

that sucks :glare:

i saw the price and lost my erection.

that sucks :glare:

YEAH IT REALLY DOES...AND THEY HAD THE BALLS TO ASK FOR 749 DOLLARS FOR THAT PIECE OF BROWN STUFF THAT COME OUT OF HUMANS...LOL