CrownVic

Plasti dip to cover boxes?

Anyone here used plasti dip to finish a box with? If so how'd it hold up and how much area would one can cover?

I was looking at some the other day at Lowe's and IIRC it said it was ok to use on wood, but MDF isn't wood.

im planning to build a cheap desk for my room with mdf and 2x4s. anyways, im going to try painting it with plasti dip.

i did a test piece the other night and it seemed to coat mdf pretty well. im hoping that it will seal out water but i haven't tested that yet. i might need to do a clear coat or something.

i also read that painting on a 50/50 mix of wood glue and water will stop the mdf from soaking up paint like a sponge. haven't tested this yet

if you looking for a more durable finish then i would consider truck bed liner (spray can).

Anyone here used plasti dip to finish a box with? If so how'd it hold up and how much area would one can cover?

I was looking at some the other day at Lowe's and IIRC it said it was ok to use on wood, but MDF isn't wood.

I have had good luck with bedliner.Made by hercules.

i was curious about this topic myself. i wanted to cover my zcon box (birch wood) but i dont want to fuck it up and end up with no box at all :/

It would be very expensive to get a thick cover. Just use bedliner.

Thanks for the input.

I was considering using bedliner, but thought the plasti-dip might provide a smoother slicker finish.

Has anyone rolled on the hercules bedliner? If so how did it turn out?

Also can the bedliner be painted afterwords without looking like crap? (roll on or spray on)

Thanks for the input.

I was considering using bedliner, but thought the plasti-dip might provide a smoother slicker finish.

Has anyone rolled on the hercules bedliner? If so how did it turn out?

Also can the bedliner be painted afterwords without looking like crap? (roll on or spray on)

it just has a textured appearance to it were as plasti dip is pretty smooth