Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

new here! what do you think?

Hi im new on this forum. I recently purchased a FI X12 and while looking for information I stumbled accross this website. I am pretty new to car audio. Mostly because im 17 and have had my license for a little over a year. I started out with a lanzar max 12 and a pyramid classic amp off of amazon which cost me around $100. i made my own box. i installed everything into my truck my self. I replaced all the door speakers with kicker ds6.5s and the head unit is a clarion cx501. from there i upgraded my amplifier to a powerbass 400.2. I'v made probably 4 different boxes and im now making a new box for my X12 that should arrive on wednesday. tell me what you think.

Look at subs in the ssa store. SSA is made in america with american parts. :WELCOME::fing34:

Look at subs in the ssa store. SSA is made in america with american parts. :WELCOME::fing34:

yeah iv Looked through all the subs that were in the 400-600rms range and iv just always had a thing for FI. So i decided the FI x12 was gunna be the sub i bought. just wish it didnt take so damn long to make...

Welcome to the forum.

The fi x should be a nice upgrade. :)

yeah iv Looked through all the subs that were in the 400-600rms range and iv just always had a thing for FI. So i decided the FI x12 was gunna be the sub i bought. just wish it didnt take so damn long to make...

It is a custom driver. So instead of buying something off the shelf at a store, someone is custom building a subwoofer in Las Vegas for you. I know it's hard to wait, but be patient. :drink40:

:WELCOME: to the forum!!

These guys are right, it's WELL worth any wait for Fi's drivers. I have a pair of 12" Q's in my wife's van and they've been outstanding. I have also installed a pair of 10" Fi X's in a good friend's truck powered by a Sundown 100.2 bridged and they are absolutely unbelievable for the simple 400 watts they're getting. Simply impossible to believe they only cost what they cost.

I don't know how you've been designing and building your enclosures before this, but I would highly suggest looking at the enclosure designs that are posted up in Fi's tech section (link directly to the cutsheets for the X series here). You will get the most out of that great driver with that enclosure. Just cut and build according to the plans in the link above, but most of all, enjoy that sub AND this forum!!! We're all here to help however we can!

:WELCOME:

Welcome to SSA, you came to the right place for information and helpful people. :) Nice choice on sub woofer. Feel free to ask away on pretty much anything audio wise on here.

:WELCOME: to the forum!!

These guys are right, it's WELL worth any wait for Fi's drivers. I have a pair of 12" Q's in my wife's van and they've been outstanding. I have also installed a pair of 10" Fi X's in a good friend's truck powered by a Sundown 100.2 bridged and they are absolutely unbelievable for the simple 400 watts they're getting. Simply impossible to believe they only cost what they cost.

I don't know how you've been designing and building your enclosures before this, but I would highly suggest looking at the enclosure designs that are posted up in Fi's tech section (link directly to the cutsheets for the X series here). You will get the most out of that great driver with that enclosure. Just cut and build according to the plans in the link above, but most of all, enjoy that sub AND this forum!!! We're all here to help however we can!

Yeah that's exactly where I got my design for the new box. The box it self is done now. But I'm making custom logos Out of mdf so I'm kinda taking my time until the speaker comes in on Wednesday! I can't wait! And I'd like to post up the pictures of my logos but I'm not sure how I'd do that if they are on my iPod... If any one knows that be greatly appreciated.

Download the pictures from your ipod to the computer, then upload the pictures onto photobucket, then post the image :D

Oh man that is a hastle... Maybe I'll try to do a post of making everything and installing it but that won't be until I'm done with it and the speaker is sounding good. Haha but thankyou