mathewdylang

Building a Power Wheel stereo

So I'm competing in MECA this year (been going to the comps the last year but never had my subs in when i went) and I'm building my daughter a power wheels for MECA Kids. shes in the 5 and under class so I can only run a single 8 and no bigger than a 20a fuse to the amp. So I picked up a cheap h/u and a pair of 4x6 were given to me. I'm getting a memphis 50.2 to run the sub, just because I know the punishment my friends and I have put these amps through. So my 2 questions are this. 1, What battery would you use with limited space to keep it playing. I found Kinetik HC600 for 60 bucks new online and figured it was a pretty good candidate since it fit in the limited room I have. 2, What is a good CHEAP 8? I only have 4.5in mounting depth and don't really wanna spend over 50 bucks on a sub. I found a Lanzar Max8 new for 27 bucks. They look pretty beefy for a cheap little sub. Any input would be great!

Any suggestions?

sundown has a

e8v2- 200 watt sub for89ish

sa8 - 400 watt for 135ish

skar has a vvx8 - 400 watt for 135

hope it helps

*edit*

heres a link to sa8 for 110 being sold on the forum idk about mounting dept sry

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/53501-fs-three-sundown-audio-sa-8-d2-subwoofers-price-drop/

Edited by dragula230

Put a 8" Rockford or a re audio they are around that price range. I didn't know they MECA for kids that's awesome

oh sorry totally missed the price thing .... just ignore me and ill go sit in the corner :peepwall:

Base your battery size on the length time you need the system playing for comps.

An HC600 is pretty small and I would think it would be good for this setup if this system isnt being played for hours.

I haver heard of theses systems hitting 160's. Most mount the mic in a bowl, right?

Edited by edouble101

Yeah iv seen this little things hitting 160 and im always wondering where the mic is placed. :P

Its practically placed 6in infront of the sub. Next to the steering wheel. I saw the re 8. It was a toss up between that and the lanzar. Lanzar is cheaper but the re is probably a better sub. It only has to play for about 20minthe but ill have a trickle charger on it between playing it.

how long do you play?

if it's more than a burp off 20A fuse then u do NOT need a large motored sub for constant playback.

Also, a small batt.. is this for space saving, weight, cost?

XStatic makes small batts for high output but are very pricey.

XS power comes next in line if u can fit little bit bigger batt in there.

Its just a burp at full tilt. It'll play for a few minutes here and there. Also like I said ill have a trickle charger on it until it burps.

Weight and space saving.

And another question. Sealed or ported? I have optimal room for the lanzar and re for ported, but it just seems the sub would unload to easy with it outside...

Post pics of the build.

I'm ordering sub and battery tuesday/wednesday. I'll start building the box when the sub gets here. Still debating the two. probably go RE. Soon as I start I'll post pics up. I just dont know if itd be better ported or sealed with it in the open.