natedizzle

looking for a good 4channel.....

ok so i need a good 4channel for my cdt-ef61fg comps and my pioneer 6x9s in the back so i need a decent amount of power.i was looking at the pg xenon 200.4 or maybe the jbl gto 75.4 but im not sure,do you guys have any other suggestions about some good amps for under $250???? right now i have a crappy alpine mrp-240...(40x4) and the comps kinda sound flat so i need something to bump them up to par....

If you're having a problem with 40 watts, I don't see more power helping you out any. I would be looking at the application and seeing what you could do to improve upon them install-wise, versus power. Rarely does throwing more power at drivers help.

maybe the group buy US AMP/

hmmm i think that might be the first time i have heard someone say that 40watts on comps are enough power and more wouldnt hurt.I find that pretty hard to believe but doesnt matter im gonna get one anyway i think im gonna go with the xenon 200.4 for $220. ......where could i find one of those kicker kx800.4 for $200????

hmmm i think that might be the first time i have heard someone say that 40watts on comps are enough power and more wouldnt hurt.I find that pretty hard to believe but doesnt matter im gonna get one anyway i think im gonna go with the xenon 200.4 for $220. ......where could i find one of those kicker kx800.4 for $200????

Could pick up my Kicker KX800.4 for $200+ship... ;)

Mine...is...for...sale...

;)

Edited by WeDgE

power is not always the answer, in a majority of problems, there is some issue with connections or grounding or frayed wires of some sort...

If you're having a problem with 40 watts, I don't see more power helping you out any.  I would be looking at the application and seeing what you could do to improve upon them install-wise, versus power.  Rarely does throwing more power at drivers help.

I agree 100%. i'm using around 40 watts on my mids and they are loud and clear. Most people that hear my car think that I am using a lot more power, but it's the install that creates the illusion.

well if i dont really need that much more power why is everyone trying to sell thier amp to me???....im not really saying i NEED a bigger amp i just thought that was the reason they were not like i had imagined.....

well if i dont really need that much more power why is everyone trying to sell thier amp to me???....im not really saying i NEED a bigger amp i just thought that was the reason they were not like i had imagined.....

daves joking,he will never sell the MS1000, pretty sure that will be placed in his casket with him

i dont know what the hell im gonna do i just dont wanna buy all this and be dissapointed and be stucfk with it....but i guess thats the risk everyone takes,it just sucks cause i dont know how much these speakers can handle so i dont know how much power to start with ya know....

if I have my way it will be buried with me----or placed IN me---since i won't have any internals----lol

You might be a big guy that amp is never going to fit inside you, you might as well have ramos fiberglass it into the coffin lid

if I have my way it will be buried with me----or placed IN me---since i won't have any internals----lol

You might be a big guy that amp is never going to fit inside you, you might as well have ramos fiberglass it into the coffin lid

:lol2::bigok:

i dont know what the hell im gonna do i just dont wanna buy all this and be dissapointed and be stucfk with it....but i guess thats the risk everyone takes,it just sucks cause i dont know how much these speakers can handle so i dont know how much power to start with ya know....

the best advice i can give is to attend a car audio event and look and listen for products that you like. i have been through 7 systems and dropped a lot of cash in the past, and my current system is the best in my opinion. as for how much a speaker can handle, you will be happy with a speaker that can take 50 watts rms. as long as you get "clean" power going to those speakers and they are installed properly, you should be fine. hell, i'm running entry level equipment in my car, however, I score the same or higher of some of the "pros" that compete. knowledge is the key :slayer:

questions for ya nate...are you doing the install? are you going for a stock look or will you be adding kick panels or any other modifications?

Edited by ragnaroksq

well ive got the tweets in my doors by the handle and the mids in the stock location and im not doing any of the install,i might try and do the door deadening on my own when i have time im just not sure what to use that wont clean my wallet out....

ragnaroksq is a prime example of what you can do with small but good power

ragnaroksq is a prime example of what you can do with small but good power

Indeed, but ragnaroksq called:

Zapco I-450 Amplifier

Zapco I-2100 Amplifier

Zapco I-5.2 component set

Zapco I-6.2 component set

Arc Audio KAR 10d subs

Entry level. :lol2: