AmmoJammo

SAZ-1500, removing or modifying protection circuit?

Basically, I have just bought two (more) ReSponse 1500 watt amps, same board as the SAZ-1500.

These amps are protection happy at 0.5ohm per amp, which puzzles me, as I have used two others in the past, (one borrowed, one mine) that happily played everything, wired at 0.5ohm daily...

Does anyone have the schematic of the protection circuit in the sundown amp? so I can potentially compare values, or possibly someone can point me in the direction of what components may need to be changed?

thanks!

Wow lol

Why do you think they are the same board?

Why do you think they are the same board?

because they are.

saz-1500d_internals_lg.jpg

imgp2296q.jpg

So, back to the original question.

Anybody that knows isn't going to tell...

Anybody that knows isn't going to tell...

why not?

The protection circuits are there for a reason.

Sorry but Sundown will not give out that information due to to many people trying to bypass the protection circuitry and voiding all warranty coverage.

Besides that is the old Sundown SAZ-1500Dv.1 they have since redesigned to the 1500Dv.2 with all new PCB and circuitry.

if its the old design then warrenty isn't an issue anyway ;) could you private message me any info?

anyone know? :)

Probably not man. What are you running sub and electrical wise?

currently been testing both amps off an xs power d3100, but previously when i ran two of these amps at 0,5ohm each i just used two big lead acid batteries. Which i recently load tested and found each dropped to 11volts with only a 100amp load. But the amplifiers never complained.

What is commonly denied online... but is a fact... is that we did some tweaking on that board, including the protect circuit, to make it suitable for what we wanted. Note also that your board has 80v filter caps and all but the 1st run of 1500Ds has 100v... few other minor things too.

I will not release the information, though, as we do similar tweaks to all of our Class-D amps.

sounds like a load of nonsense to me, but anyway.

But anyway... if you won't believe what a company has to say don't post in their section. The SAZ-1500D v.1 is not protect happy at all at 0.5 ohm -- perhaps you should ask yourself why that is... and the amp still has a protect circuit so it is not just bypassed.

Thread closed.