Sign in to follow this  
Chickenwings

Potentional of a 15' zcon

Hey guys! I jus wanted to know ur thoughts on potentional power of a single zcon 15 with a saz2500 ??

Potential can be what ever you make of it sir.

wtf kinda question is this lol

potentional power

Do you mean potential loudness? Some of us get confused easy; so being clear always help! :)

wtf kinda question is this lol

wtf kinda post is that?

wtf kinda post is that?

a post thats sick of ppl asking stupid ass questions...

Yea, the potentional loudness! Jus wanna know what kind of experinces u guys have had with( if any)

Because my friend actually has a same setup but a btl 15 ! He has never heard of a zcon nd says the btl shuld easily be able to blow this ' no name ' sub :@

a post thats sick of ppl asking stupid ass questions...

C'mon man. You've been here long enough to know that questions like this are never, ever going to stop.

Yea, the potentional loudness! Jus wanna know what kind of experinces u guys have had with( if any)

Unfortunately, I've never had any experiences with the ZCON line. But everybody I know that has purchased a ZCON hasn't been disappointed. I guess an appropriate question to ask would be what are you expecting from it? What experience have you had in car audio? The ZCON is an extremely capable subwoofer.

Pontential is great! But it comes down to the end user and installation!

Good luck!

Because my friend actually has a same setup but a btl 15 ! He has never heard of a zcon nd says the btl shuld easily be able to blow this ' no name ' sub :@

That would depend, first and most foremost, what he determines as "blow". From the topic, I would assume he is claiming that his BTL is surely louder than a ZCON. Do you know what BTL he has? First Generation (triple stacked circular magnets), 2nd generation (big UFO shaped magnet), or which one of the newest BTL?

Again, I don't have any first-hand experience with the ZCON. I owned a 2nd generation 18" BTL for a year. Obviously I can't say which is louder, but if I understand correctly, which i may not, the ZCON is a competitor with the musical variants of the BTL. Meaning: it would come down to installation details to determine which would be louder.

Well i'll be putting it in a 4.0 cubic ft tuned to 31-32 hz (still deciding) i want to be able to hit those lows pretty well

Hmm im pretty sure its the 2nd gen since he bought it last year brand new, nd its in a 4.5 cubic tuned to 34hz :o

I had a ZCON 15 on ~1500 rms and it was crazy loud.

Tell your 'friend' that this supposed no name sub shares some DNA with the BTL. ;) They are in the same class and both are great values for the amount of material, machining and very high quality made in the USA fact compared to Chinese copies for the same or more money.

No name sub, hahaha. ;)

The best sub made in the USA!biggrin.png With all Usa products.

Well i'll be putting it in a 4.0 cubic ft tuned to 31-32 hz (still deciding) i want to be able to hit those lows pretty well

If I were you I'd be wary of any ultra low tuning recommendations you get as they're usually based upon misinformation.

The "potential" of any driver is install dependent. If you've been reading around here at all you'll see that you're in good hands with SSA.

Yeah, i cant wait to prove him wrong nd see his face get all full of jeleousy! Nd what tuning do you recommend? I was think of 31-32 since the website recommeds 31-37

Thanks all for the great info, i apreciate it!

For a daily setup, I would tune higher in that range. 35-37hz.

Yeah, i cant wait to prove him wrong nd see his face get all full of jeleousy! Nd what tuning do you recommend? I was think of 31-32 since the website recommeds 31-37

Thanks all for the great info, i apreciate it!

It depends on the music you listen to and your enclosure. Keep in mind that cabin gain will likely give you a boost at the low end. Most music won't have a lot of content down that low and tuning that low could result in a bloated low end.

I have 2 18's at 30hz and sounds excellent!! Bottom end isn't bloated and is accurate. But I listened to a lot of mid 20's content. If you listen to really low songs or screwed and chopped, go for a low tune!!!

I have my zcon in 4cubes tuned 30hz on a aq3500.1...... it's stupid loud. Louder than... the 2nd Gen btl18 I had......... buy I only had it on 2k