splxtreme

IB sub in an enclosure?

A buddy of mine is selling his IB312 because he is getting rid of his car. He is selling it cheap. Since I own a SUV, would it be possible to put this sub in a ported or sealed enclosure?

No enclosure, they are meant to be IB for a reason.

but.. you can mount it inside of your SUV with no box, get ahold of onebadmonte here on SSA. dude is the man at Ib in a car... and pretty much at everything else too

They'll work, but possibly not as intended.

Infinite baffle is 20x VAS, if they are in a sealed box large enough it will technically be IB.

It will work fine. Won't be ideal, but will work. YOu'd be better off spending your money on something that better fits your goals, or get the driver cheap and sell it for more money. There is nothing that says you can only use an IB driver in IB, likewise with enclosed woofers. I've used several "normal" woofers in IB. It wasn't the best for performance, but it worked fine.

Sell it to me!

The parameters of an IB subwoofer lend itself to less than desirable performance in either a sealed or ported enclosure.  Sure, you could place it into either enclosure.....but results would be much better with a subwoofer designed to work optimally in those enclosures.