DaVibe

What Features Should Be In A "Good Build"

I'm thinking about getting a professional shop to design and install a setup of 2 10" Icon's for me.

Reason being is that it's going into a trunk (not a show car) and I want it to be practical (able to put THINGS in the trunk again) rather than having a simple carpeted box ... I want it to look good!

I'm thinking about firing in (seats can fold down), sealed off, all carpet ...

They talked about covering the amplifiers ... covering my battery in the trunk ...

But if I'm paying a shop, what are some options that I should inquire about?

Removable plates ... Plexiglass ... Company Logos on the inside deck lid ... stealth on both sides of the trunk ... lighting ...

I don't want to break the bank, it's bad enough I'm already thinking about going through with this but ... just want some ideas before I decide to throw down the $$$

Thanks guys.

All of those things are up to you and what YOU want and what you want to spend. It's going in your vehicle.. no one on here can tell you what you need to do to make it look good. You may have a taste that's different than everyone else. Take the information you've given us and decide what you would like to see in your install and go from there. You say it's not a show car, so you shouldn't be concerned about what other people are going to think about all those little things. From what you stated, this install is for you, so YOU decide how it goes down. :)

"You" count = 11.

ask for quality , thick mdf (at least 1") good carpetting ,woofers mounted with t-nuts and so forth , so you'll get something that will last

if its a good installer he'll know what works for your car and how to do it propperly ...so don't tell him how it should look and which way the subs should be facing , let him tell you what your options are and pick the one that suits you the most...

Number one thing to make sure is that it'll go back to factory and you can access components without having to dissassemble everything like if a sub blows you don't want it to take 10 hours of removing panels just to switch out the sub

I like the comments about the thickness of the enclosure and trying to build it in a way that the subs and equipment are accessible. I don't plan on switching the subs out but once I have this setup in, who knows.

Thanks for the tips thus far.

The more you want the more it costs. Keep it simple, tell them what your looking for and work with them on coming up with a plan that will be both doable and affordable.